'Slow' bends for 1" rubber hose

CygnusV

Featured Posts

I fitted a 55 litre calorifier last year and have been using a 1KW immersion heater for hot water. I'm now ready to connect the engine and solid fuel fire to the calorifier for 'free' heat. The engine is about 10 feet from the calorifier and the pipes will have to run under the floor. This means that I will need 6 or more 'slow' 90 degree bends which so far I've been unable to find. The feed pipe is one inch inside diameter. Does anyone know a company that supplies 'slow' or 'swept' bends to suit 1" pipe?

Thanks in advance, Stu

I fitted a 55 litre calorifier last year and have been using a 1KW immersion heater for hot water. I'm now ready to connect the engine and solid fuel fire to the calorifier for 'free' heat. The engine is about 10 feet from the calorifier and the pipes will have to run under the floor. This means that I will need 6 or more 'slow' 90 degree bends which so far I've been unable to find. The feed pipe is one inch inside diameter. Does anyone know a company that supplies 'slow' or 'swept' bends to suit 1" pipe?

Thanks in advance, Stu

Hi

I would use a piece of 28mm Speedfit/Hep2o and adapt the connections at each end.

This plastic pipe will form any shape without the use of any restrictive bends.

Alex

Hi

I would use a piece of 28mm Speedfit/Hep2o and adapt the connections at each end.

This plastic pipe will form any shape without the use of any restrictive bends.

Alex

Which, give or take the stuff about sizes, is what I was trying to recommend as well for the same reason

Richard

28mm (OD) pipe is approx 25mm ID which is what the OP said (it's equivalent to the old 1" pipe which was measured by it's ID). It's a bit big by my estimation. The water pump on the engine is quite powerful. I would have thought 22mm pipe was big enough.

Richard

28mm (OD) pipe is approx 25mm ID which is what the OP said (it's equivalent to the old 1" pipe which was measured by it's ID). It's a bit big by my estimation. The water pump on the engine is quite powerful. I would have thought 22mm pipe was big enough.

Richard

The bigger the better I would have thought

An engine water pump is only a circulating pump it doesn't actually pump pressure

Alex