WARNING!

bizzard

Featured Posts

That i think is the best idea yet, but a 12 volt timer in case of mains power cut. or the inverter charger has blown up or something terminating the supply. regards bizzard

Doesn't this contradict the:

Why are most people these days powering things bonkers all the time, for such an easy and simple task.

post?

Or a timer on the water pump, which could work with a push switch in your kitchen/bathroom. Push the switch enables the water pump, it then turns off after about an hour.

This idea could work for lights as well, etc...

I must go now folks,to your relief,i have to carry out another experiment on my Turkish baths failsafe device.

Will answer any further enquiries this evening. bizzard

I heard of somebody recently plumbing their boat directly into the mains water supply!

I think that was the Cutty Sark. bizzard

post?

Believe me,there;s a lot of people out there that don't even know they've got an auto bilge pump.and probably all gunged up and out of order anyway fine if the persons practical and can maintain them.. I've raised 3 boats through rain ingress, through of course total negligence, boat not visited and things checked for a long long time ,bilge pump out of order, batteries flat ect.

Why not tie something around a finger to remind one.

Anyway i think most folk on here now have got my drift of what i'm trying to put across which does happen more than most people think. bizzard

post?

Some people do not even no they've got an auto bilge pump which is bunged up with muck so won't work anyway.Its alright for people who are practical and can or know how to maintain them.

I've raised 3 boats sunk by ingress of rain water,Float switch out of order,batteries flat,but of course all due to negligent owners not visiting to check things for a long long time.

Anyway i think most people have got my drift by now. bizzard.

Or a timer on the water pump, which could work with a push switch in your kitchen/bathroom. Push the switch enables the water pump, it then turns off after about an hour.

This idea could work for lights as well, etc...

I've got a prototype sitting on my desk that does exactly that. It runs off the pressure switch and turns the pump on for a preset time after which it locks out until a reset button is pressed. The time is long enough to have a shower but not long enough to flood the boat. There's also a setting which over rides it to allow you to prime the system after the winter. I've yet to fit it to my boat, but it appears to work well in simulation and also with my spare pump.

• Greenie 1

I've got a prototype sitting on my desk that does exactly that. It runs off the pressure switch and turns the pump on for a preset time after which it locks out until a reset button is pressed. The time is long enough to have a shower but not long enough to flood the boat. There's also a setting which over rides it to allow you to prime the system after the winter. I've yet to fit it to my boat, but it appears to work well in simulation and also with my spare pump.

Like the idea...

I was after reading this, going to go out today and buy a 12v switch to wire into the pump circuit.I then decided to check the bank of switches in the back cabin,theres one already there ha I've only been on board 12 months!.On a more serious note I had to go visiting over the increadably cold Christmas period,and so was not onboard for a few days.Luckily I took the percaution to isolate the pump by removing the live to it.When I got home despite leaving a low level heater on one of the push on elbows had forced itself apart.Lucky or intelligent I thank the people of this forum for the knowledge.