'vintage Boat hire'

larkshall

Featured Posts

Is there anywhere a couple could hire a vintage holiday boat . interrogation tells me they mean a boat with a boatmans cabin, old style decor, and a slow running engine. Somehow though, I don't think bucket and chuckit fits in though.

Ideally for a week or so,

Said I'd ask here as its the Delphi of all sites.

You could try:

Middlewich Narrowboats

"BOATMAN’S BACK CABINS

(Fitted to Holly, Willow, Maple & Larch)

These are authentic replicas of the living accommodation of the old working craft and we were the first company to incorporate them into modern hire boats. Stepping down from the steerer's ‘counter’ on to the coal box, you enter a snug, private world finished in the correct wood graining with hand decorated panels featuring the traditional roses and castles. There is a small solid fuel stove on your left for heating or cooking, then the decorated drop down table cupboard with crumb drawer below and on the right the sidebed or settee. Ahead is the double ‘cross’ bed which folds out across the boat with decorated flap, then the door leading to the rest of the boat.

On ‘Willow’ and ‘Maple’ there are also traditional engine controls- separate gear change rod and throttle speedwheel - to complete the picture."

Is there anywhere a couple could hire a vintage holiday boat . interrogation tells me they mean a boat with a boatmans cabin, old style decor, and a slow running engine. Somehow though, I don't think bucket and chuckit fits in though.

Ideally for a week or so,

Said I'd ask here as its the Delphi of all sites.

Union Canal Carriers, at Braunston, have some boats with a traditional feel - I doubt anyone would be happy to hire out a genuine vintage boat.

Link to Union Canal carriers

You could try:

Middlewich Narrowboats

"BOATMAN’S BACK CABINS

(Fitted to Holly, Willow, Maple & Larch)

These are authentic replicas of the living accommodation of the old working craft and we were the first company to incorporate them into modern hire boats. Stepping down from the steerer's ‘counter’ on to the coal box, you enter a snug, private world finished in the correct wood graining with hand decorated panels featuring the traditional roses and castles. There is a small solid fuel stove on your left for heating or cooking, then the decorated drop down table cupboard with crumb drawer below and on the right the sidebed or settee. Ahead is the double ‘cross’ bed which folds out across the boat with decorated flap, then the door leading to the rest of the boat.

On ‘Willow’ and ‘Maple’ there are also traditional engine controls- separate gear change rod and throttle speedwheel - to complete the picture."

Might just be tempted away from our plans of doing the caledonian next year and hire one of those instead

If you fancy a different kind of vintage there is always Martham boats on the Norfolk Broads. They have venerable old broads motor cruisers for hire the youngest being about a 1977 boat built to the 1930's style.

Union Canal Carriers, at Braunston, have some boats with a traditional feel - I doubt anyone would be happy to hire out a genuine vintage boat.

Link to Union Canal carriers

Birmingham and Midland Canal Carrying (now trading as the wonderfully nondescript Bespoke Executive Solutions!) will hire out a Big Northwich or even an Admiral-class pair- albeit with a skipper- for a very reasonable price. They are proper camping boats though!

Birmingham and Midland Canal Carrying (now trading as the wonderfully nondescript Bespoke Executive Solutions!) will hire out a Big Northwich or even an Admiral-class pair- albeit with a skipper- for a very reasonable price. They are proper camping boats though!

Linky:

http://www.bm3co.co.uk/bm3co/index.php

We had great fun doing the BCN Challenge in their Large Northwich Yeoford

http://nbluckyduck.blogspot.com/2011/05/bcn-24-hour-marathon-challenge-2011.html

http://nbluckyduck.blogspot.com/2011/05/bcn-24-hour-marathon-challenge-2011_31.html?showComment=1306848963365#c2904606728244601825

Saisons have some elderly boats

Going with these guys for the second time........first time hired Merlot and had a splendid reception fo about 30 photographers as we emerged from Blisworth Tunnel! Lovely Lister, boatmans cabin at the back and best of all NO TELLY!!!

Hiiring their newer boat Anjou this time but its basically the same as Merlot just a couple of feet shorter. Very resonably priced too.......