Delivering a boat pole

Old Son

Featured Posts

I would like to buy a 4m long, 50mm Ash boat pole. Midland at Braunston have them but I can't find a carrier who can handle the length. I am based on the Stort. Is anybody travelling through Braunston and on to the Stort or Lee in the near future that could pick up and deliver for me? Thanks

I would like to buy a 4m long, 50mm Ash boat pole. Midland at Braunston have them but I can't find a carrier who can handle the length. I am based on the Stort. Is anybody travelling through Braunston and on to the Stort or Lee in the near future that could pick up and deliver for me? Thanks

Do you have a local coal boat?

Dusty delivers on the South Oxford, just wondered if you had one in your area that could do the same?

Can't you buy it mail order on their website and let them worry about the carrier?

Mike

Might sound daft but have you asked at the PO? I sent a full mini exhaust complete with back box via Royal Mail Parcel Force to Portugal once. And it did'nt cost a fortune. Course I could be leading you up the wrong pole.:rolleyes:

Edited by tillergirl

I bought one a week or so ago from River Canal Rescue. If you are not in a hurry, do what I did. They delivered it direct to my boat when they were next in the area. Provided you are not way out in the sticks like London or Birmingham, they may do the same for you if you are a member. They were also cheaper than a well known chandlers in the midlands.

K

I'll admit I'm not sure if they will handle oversize objects but in the past I have found http://www.parcel2go.com/ very helpful, they act as brokers for a lot of the major delivery companies, removing the need for you to have an account, will do remote pick up etc as well.

They are VERY helpful, until something goes wrong.

I sent a parcel to another CWDF member - too long a story to relate here, just google "parcel2go reviews"

- I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ;)

now, where's me coat......

I'll admit I'm not sure if they will handle oversize objects but in the past I have found http://www.parcel2go.com/ very helpful, they act as brokers for a lot of the major delivery companies, removing the need for you to have an account, will do remote pick up etc as well.

Try Excel logistics.. I drove for them for a while a couple of years back and delivered complete exhaust systems to Andrew Page and the like all over the North East and Midlands. Some of the exhausts easily exceeded 14ft, and weighed a bloody sight more too !!

They are VERY helpful, until something goes wrong.

I sent a parcel to another CWDF member - too long a story to relate here, just google "parcel2go reviews"

- I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ;)

now, where's me coat......

fair comment. i've not had any problems with them personally!

MC will send out a 12ft ash pole out to you no problems at all. Postage £5.

Who did you speak to?

Edited by Speedwheel

Update, none of the courier companies will pick up. Its too long. Tufnels said no, unless I had an account. I have spoken to RCR and they sell them but the closest they can get to is 'London'. I need to speak with them to see whereabouts in London and the price.

I will speak with MC again but when I phoned they said they would not deliver. Pick up only.

Laurie, I am moored opposite you. If I can get a 12' ash pole delivered to the marina do you want me to order you one to?

Just phoned MC and they have confirmed they WILL deliver a 12' pole. They used to sell 14' but could not get these delivered so have stopped selling them. I have ordered from MC. Thank you as usual for all the great advice. :cheers: