Categorising boaters is wrong.

DeanS

Featured Posts

I started reading this thread but gave up.

Surely the answer is fairly simple. If the 'Evaders' are shamed then they will stop 'evading'

All BW need to do is paint evaders boats lime green.

( and just in case some ***** thinks I am being serious...... I'm not )

• Greenie 1

I started reading this thread but gave up.

Surely the answer is fairly simple. If the 'Evaders' are shamed then they will stop 'evading'

All BW need to do is paint evaders boats lime green.

( and just in case some ***** thinks I am being serious...... I'm not )

Would you recommend enamel lime green, or two pack?

Another class of boater missed by the OP is 'Sprogs', being those who have been boating for five minutes, think they know it all and then pontificate about it at lock-sides and on forums in order to massage their egos.

(Present company excepted of course).

Tone

Another class of boater missed by the OP is 'Sprogs', being those who have been boating for five minutes, think they know it all and then pontificate about it at lock-sides and on forums in order to massage their egos.

(Present company excepted of course).

Tone

Sorry you can't use words like that, you've got to use either catogories 1-5 or 6-8, or maybe you can start catogaries for Sprogs 1A-5A or 6A-8A, than would a Sprog be an "A" or an X,Y or Z and "A" would be an "Old Sweat" of the Canals????? Still confused :wacko:

Edited by mickeyduff

Sorry you can't use words like that, you've got to use either catogories 1-5 or 6-8, or maybe you can start catogaries for Sprogs 1A-5A or 6A-8A, than would a Sprog be an "A" or an X,Y or Z and "A" would be an "Old Sweat" of the Canals????? Still confused :wacko:

You're right MD. Perhaps we should all just be 'boaters' and accept each other for what we are.

Tone

You're right MD. Perhaps we should all just be 'boaters' and accept each other for what we are.

Tone

But surely if we put 'anyone' in commas we are inherently categorising them... Bad me! :unsure:

A thread entitled "Categorising boaters is wrong" which in the original post then proceeds to categorise boaters... What nonsense!

I fail to therefore see the logic of even discussing the issue of 6,7,8 by linking the offences to any specific group 1,2,3,4 or 5. Every time you do, the debate goes nowhere.

Agreed, so why did you start the debate again?

Edited by blackrose