Doggy Bl**ding do

boatyboy

Featured Posts

That's what I love about internet forums. You can't express a view without people thinking that they should indulge in personal insults. Luckily, I'm wise enough to recognise small minds

Good to see that you steer clear of personal insults then.

I'm touched that some people are so concerned for my love life, but I can assure you all that I am happy with it. It's a pity that some people can't recognise irony when it bites them on the bum. My screen name is meant to be IRONIC! Or is the prevalent view that all screen names have to be truthful, honest and descriptive of the owner. Hmmm!

Yes, I do filter my water, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I acknowledge "shitting in the cut isn't very nice". Rather, it's an acknowledgement that, there's all sorts of unpleasant stuff in the water. In the same way the water that you all drink comes from rivers, boreholes and yes, even canals, but goes through a water treatment plant before you consume it, I clean my water before drinking it.

The occasional or even frequent dumping of dog poo in the canal is an infinitesimally small problem compared with the sewage that gets released untreated in flood conditions, or the dumping of agricultural slurry, or industrial pollution.

Yes, dog poo contains all the bacteria that someone listed earlier, but then so, probably, does fox poo, badger poo, otter poo... in fact pretty much any sort of poo. That's before we get on to all the animals that live in or around the water that at some point die and end up in it.

That's what I love about internet forums. You can't express a view without people thinking that they should indulge in personal insults. Luckily, I'm wise enough to recognise small minds as well as poo phobia!

You mean like seagulls crows ducks etc. the odd dead sheep and at this time of the year lots of lambs, the odd badger hear and there interspersed by dead foxes,cats and dogs.

My screen name is meant to be IRONIC! Or is the prevalent view that all screen names have to be truthful, honest and descriptive of the owner. Hmmm!

You think that you have problems!

It's taken a few years for the forum members to realise that I'm not some thug of a night club bouncer, but simply a (retired) manufacturer of security door systems.

I suppose in choosing an ambiguous forum identity, you get what you deserve! :rolleyes:

Mike

That's what I love about internet forums. You can't express a view without people thinking that they should indulge in personal insults. Luckily, I'm wise enough to recognise small minds as well as poo phobia!

If you think that the preceding light hearted banter was "personal insults" then you really need to either get out more or stay in, lock the door and throw away the computer.

Perhaps you overcame your "poo phobia", more easily than others have, by sticking your head so far up your own arse, it stopped bothering you.

• 1 month later...

Thank you I will be printing that off!

The other half has had a blazing row with a fellow marina boater, she actually offered to take him to where her dog pooped admitting she did not pick up.

Lovely.

Perhaps it would better to tackle all offenders rather than just intimidate an old widow as she is not the only dog owner ? Maybe he could have a chat with his neighbour whose dog urinates on the landing but has as yet to swill away ? Or would that upset the wrong people? Very sad :(

Don't know if any of you have seen this....Boats going along with their dog running along side on the tow path. We were Just coming down to woodsend lock at Fradley.The driver of the boat coming the other way was shouting at his dog to "COME ON" very loud.As it was in the middle of emptying its arse on the tow path.He could see what it was doing,and just carried on going ahead.The Dog was an Alsation.So how could he possibly be in control of it regarding walkers and other dogs.Plus the bloody great heap on the tow path,just right to be stepped in. :angry::angry:

I'm not the biggest bloke but I won't stand for this. Every time I have tackled someone about their dog fouling it has ended with them picking it up. The last time was near Church, Blackburn, I watched as a staffie defecated just by a mooring point, with a dog bin right alongside and the owner simply watched and walked on. I think the guy was so shocked at someone challenging him he never thought twice. I don't bother if it's in the long grass or even in the road (that's where guide dogs are taught to poo) but right where someone can put their foot in it, no. I have three dogs by the way.

I'm sure one day I will get punched in the nose but it will be in a good cause.

• Greenie 1

Perhaps it would better to tackle all offenders rather than just intimidate an old widow as she is not the only dog owner ? Maybe he could have a chat with his neighbour whose dog urinates on the landing but has as yet to swill away ? Or would that upset the wrong people? Very sad :(

Buzz left me this......'why don't you have a word with your neighbour about about their dog peeing instead of moaning about it, perhaps then something may be done and everyone can remain friendly.'

My reply :banghead: ..........Read it again, I agree with you - a small word is a great idea with EVERY offender not just the ones that you don't get along with,rather than only giving a rolloicking to those you don't mind upsetting :-) Simple :rolleyes:

If I were at university I could write a thesis on the social aspects of dog defecation from the material here. Keep it coming.

:rolleyes:

N