Ouch!

wandering snail

Featured Posts

It was 71p per litre at a 0/100 split last time I bought some in December. I would be interested to know where Strads is getting diesel at under 32p per litre!

Edited again cos I keep getting Strads name wrong.

He runs his engine on waste oil...

Perhaps I should have charged him for the thirty-year-old diesel he took off me from out of Chertsey's tanks.

Praps we should come to an arrangement with the local 'frieterie'(chip shop, well sort of, they're a bit anorexic, the chips not the staff) altho from the smell, it could be a while before they're willing to part with it.

By the way, why is everyone worried about bio-diesel in boats when the suggestion to use veg. oil has been around for a while?

Just to cheer you all up, Brent Crude hit $120 a barrel today on the back of the unrest in North Africa. 4 months ago it was around $80 If this unrest spreads to the Gulf, we may witness an increase in oil prices by as much as 30%, experts reckon.

Libya may only supply 2% of the world's oil as stated in a post above, but that is irrelevant. The price of oil is driven by Market speculation, and the markets are bullish on oil prices in this time of uncertainty.

Edited by Dominic M

Just to cheer you all up, Brent Crude hit $120 a barrel today on the back of the unrest in North Africa. 4 months ago it was around $80 If this unrest spreads to the Gulf, we may witness an increase in oil prices by as much as 30%, experts reckon.

Libya may only supply 2% of the world's oil as stated in a post above, but that is irrelevant. The price of oil is driven by Market speculation, and the markets are bullish on oil prices in this time of uncertainty.

But the ironic thing is that oil only went over its all time high about 2 weeks ago, maybe less, but diesel has never cost so much as it does today click on the 5 year price on the graph How much was it 2008?

The local yard went up to 81p (0/100%) a few weeks ago. Am expecting it to go up again shortly.

My link[/url]ost='657913']

I am normally quite sanguine about fuel price rises, but this time I am delighted to be able to join the right-wing and declare it the end of the world as we know it. :)