Bright ideas wanted

Phil Ambrose

Featured Posts

Need some help from all the bright sparks on here. I have just bought 2 cabin lights from ASAP, arrived next day, so that bit is great. However the web site spec descibed them as being fitted with 12v Halogen bulbs but when I checked the lights on arrival I found they were in fact fitted with standard filament bulbs.

ASAP siad sorry but it seems their supplier had neglected to tell them of the change of spec, they would be happy tp refund the cost upon my returning the lights.

But I like the lights and they are just what I want. So here is the ask; does anyone know of an adapter that I can get, to enable use G4 Halogen bulbs. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Phil

We had a pair of lights that to bayonet bus bulbs and I just bought two G4/GU4 bulb holders cut and splayed open the bayonet fitting and epoxied it in there! Done. Im not going to want to convert them back and they take now a MR11 non problems, although i think it would have been clearer to get some of the cheaper silvered mr11's rather than the more common dichoric ones!!

Daniel

We had a pair of lights that to bayonet bus bulbs and I just bought two G4/GU4 bulb holders cut and splayed open the bayonet fitting and epoxied it in there! Done. Im not going to want to convert them back and they take now a MR11 non problems, although i think it would have been clearer to get some of the cheaper silvered mr11's rather than the more common dichoric ones!!

Daniel

Thanks for the idea Daniel, I was thinking along similar lines myself. The problem I have with adaptors is the tmy bulb holders are 2 contact and the only adaptors I've seen are for single contact.

Phil

If you like the fittings I am certain you will find a workable solution. Just ask ASAP to cover the cost of conversion. You might have to be a bit creative but you will find a solution. If not wait a week or 2 as new stuff is comming out all the time.

Biggles