Postcards from my grandma's

Lady Muck

Featured Posts

Been to see my gran today, along with two glasses of sherry before 11am (way hey!) we looked through a box of old photos, she has a full set of Knottingley postcards, three of which feature the canal. So I thought I'd share.

:cheers:

Nice one Lady Muck. My how its changed, the top foto looks like a Tom pudding train !!

Not been thro nottle ont boat for a few years but its on next years comprehensive list. Heres hoping.

You could get about £10 minimum for them on ebay. Canal postcards with boats do well.

How sad!

Someone visits their gran, downs a couple of Sherries with her before midday,is given/loaned something obviously cherished and it's suggested by someone else that they're put on E bay to gain a tenner

How sad!

Someone visits their gran, downs a couple of Sherries with her before midday,is given/loaned something obviously cherished and it's suggested by someone else that they're put on E bay to gain a tenner

I didn't read it as a suggestion - just an interesting point.

Superb, especially the first, I remember a hire boat holiday where we did the Aire and Calder, and saw the Tom Puddings, Dad even got the family a visit to the hoist while ships were loaded (we exported coal then) and permission to loop the loop around Goole Docks.

Happy Times, at 44, I generally wish I were younger, but sometimes, I wish I were older...

• 3 weeks later...