Aquaroll experiences

Smelly

Featured Posts

How about something on these lines? Basic picture but the blue bit would be a large 3'? dia thick plastic 'tyre' with 2 rigid ply or polyprop circles with 2 handles. Pump it full of air and wheel to tap lay on side, remove filler and fill with water then wheel back to boat. Needs some sort of pump to transfer water. Only having one 'wheel' makes it easy to push and steer. Would hold in the region of 40 to 50 gall? Sort of a large wheelbarrow, collapses flat and handles detach for storage. Length of hose stores in centre section.

Have you considered the size of that, a 205 lt oil drum with a 3 foot tyre round it, I wouldn't want to wheel that over a hump back bridge

Have you considered the size of that, a 205 lt oil drum with a 3 foot tyre round it, I wouldn't want to wheel that over a hump back bridge

I don't think that will be a problem. After the 3' diameter wheel has been laid on the floor and filled with water, I don't suppose that it can be lifted up again. This is a good thing, because it looks very unstable, and I wouldn't want it falling on me.

Richard

3' was only a suggestion, could be smaller, never mind it was just an idea :)

Not having done the calculations or tests, but looking at weight and stability, I guess that if you have a go at developing one of these, you end up with an Aquaroll

:blink:

Richard

Not having done the calculations or tests, but looking at weight and stability, I guess that if you have a go at developing one of these, you end up with an Aquaroll

:blink:

Richard

Problem is storage + 2 point contact makes Aquaroll unstable. 24" dia x 12" wide makes somewhere in the region of 20 gal. Should be quite manageable I would have thought.