Boat fire

FrigateCaptain

Featured Posts

Martin, Sparkybaz was merely offering the same sort of advice that Bazza has been doing, for years, without criticism.

I thought he was being particularly diplomatic, especially as he was addressing Phylis.

I think your posts are out of order.

Unless I'm one of the "big headed, bigoted, self opiniated,selfish and iresponsible boaters", of course, in which case, go boil your head, Sparky ;)

Are all firefighters called Barry, btw?

Sparky I responded directly to Phylis' post that you have criticised - pointing out the error in her thinking

I have just retired from the fire service after 28 years but I suspect my reply was a lot less combative than yours

There are some firefighters and ex firefighters on this forum but not many and the advice we give can be very useful

Can you not stay and help everybody out with good advice when they need it?

• Greenie 1

Martin, Sparkybaz was merely offering the same sort of advice that Bazza has been doing, for years, without criticism.

I thought he was being particularly diplomatic, especially as he was addressing Phylis.

I think your posts are out of order.

Unless I'm one of the "big headed, bigoted, self opiniated,selfish and iresponsible boaters", of course, in which case, go boil your head, Sparky ;)

Are all firefighters called Barry, btw?

The message was not the problem, the patronising way it was delivered - (which Bazza manages to avoid) was..

Sorry Martin,

I'm completely with SparkyBaz (and Bazza2) on this one.

Phylis' response demonstrate exactly the level of complacency that has resulted in many needless deaths from fires or smoke inhalation.

It is not hard to find alarm types that will offer at least a level of protection within the confines of a boat, without causing needless false alarms, and frankly to not have them is just putting yourselves and others at risk.

If someone who's professional job it has been for years gives you advice like the fire-fighters on this forum, I'd say they are more likely demonstrating common sense than pomposity. Bazza for example has spent years training fire-fighters - I would not question his post in any way, because he has the experience to back it up.

You would be affronted, I guess, if you gave your professional view on nursing matters, and then just had the answers you have given dismissed by someone as "a lecture". I think you are wrong on this one.

("Lecture" ends! :rolleyes: )

• Greenie 1

If you knew me you'd know that i'm far from Pompous!!

However people that know absolutely everything P++s me off big time!!

What a clever Twat your are!!!

Enjoy your fire!!

Dear dear me...is that your really your best shot...

you should read the whole thread to see how seriously I take fire prevention on our boat. The smoke detector I ordered from Amazon came today...and will be fitted this Saturday.

I think if I had been a fireman I Would be a lot less diplomatic over people not using smoke alarms or taking the batteries out.

It is tempting But I find people tend to pay more attention when I don't yell at them

S

You would be affronted, I guess, if you gave your professional view on nursing matters, and then just had the answers you have given dismissed by someone as "a lecture". I think you are wrong on this one.

("Lecture" ends! :rolleyes: )

Difference is if I was offering my professional opinion I would never refer to anybody as a twat...

Difference is if I was offering my professional opinion I would never refer to anybody as a twat...

He didn't, until you had had multiple snipes at him, and had already called him a pompous arse yourself though.

It is tempting But I find people tend to pay more attention when I don't yell at them

Can't see SparkyBaz did much shouting until shouted at.

The advice bit seemed sensible, and in no way pompous. The only contentious bit (to me at least), was his initial comments about 'Phylis'. They didn't add to the debate, and are certainly unlikely to increase the chances that she will suddenly be re-fitting a smoke alarm, so he has probably left her and her crew "at risk".

• Greenie 1

Can we ease off guys?

There is some interesting and valuable info in this thread and it would be a shame if the thread were closed because there was too much personal invective

Oops! Sorry sir!

To be fair, I suspect you are more eloquent and quietly persuasive than the average firefighter, (no disrespect intended to the many others on the forum!).

Oops! Sorry sir!

To be fair, I suspect you are more eloquent and quietly persuasive than the average firefighter, (no disrespect intended to the many others on the forum!).

It's possible - though I have been known to fire off from time to time too

Dear dear me...is that your really your best shot...

you should read the whole thread to see how seriously I take fire prevention on our boat. The smoke detector I ordered from Amazon came today...and will be fitted this Saturday.

Martin glad to see you have now got a smoke alarm <_<

He didn't, until you had had multiple snipes at him, and had already called him a pompous arse yourself though.

in my profession the word arse is used quite often...

twat is used less so...