MORS0 STOVE

Dalesman

Featured Posts

I have just had a new stove fitted (1400) and according to the instruction book when burning solid fuel you should fit a coal insert/fuel economiser on the left and right hand side of the fire box. Anyone know where you can get these things..?

I bought a set of three standard size bricks (approx 8 x 4), one for each side and one for the back. Can't remember how much I paid, but much less than £28. I was told that reducing the internal volume of the fire allows you to use less fuel yet still keep the fire in all night. Can't prove it, but quite happy how it performs.

I bought a set of three standard size bricks (approx 8 x 4), one for each side and one for the back. Can't remember how much I paid, but much less than £28. I was told that reducing the internal volume of the fire allows you to use less fuel yet still keep the fire in all night. Can't prove it, but quite happy how it performs.

Just so I'm clear - do you mean you've fitted these over and above the 3 (back and 2 sides)fire bricks already installed?? -

I can't see how these would fit...

I fitted the Morso coal inserts two years ago and find them very good whether burning coal or wood. They provide a kind of "funnel" for the ashes to drop to the riddle grate and you don't get the ash deposits on the sides. They are expensive for a couple of lumps of metal but they are worth it in my opinion.

We got a couple of these "coal savers" about 18 months ago. Our experiance is that they do save coal, you can keep the fire in all night and because of the funnel effect the majority of the ash goes into the pan making it easier to keep clean. We paid about £20 for two. :)

We got a couple of these "coal savers" about 18 months ago. Our experiance is that they do save coal, you can keep the fire in all night and because of the funnel effect the majority of the ash goes into the pan making it easier to keep clean. We paid about £20 for two. :)

Hi, thanks for the info, do you remember where you bought them from..?

Got mine from Midland Swindlers as previously posted.

SQUIRREL STOVE COAL INSERTS (PAIR)

Retail Price £28.42

Product Code HS-150

Extended Description:

Manufacturer: Morso

Item Description: Squirrel stove coal inserts. (pair) To improve burning performance by increasing primary air flow when using fuel such as coal and coke

Colour: Graphite

Construction Material: Cast iron

http://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/Products/Heating/StoveAccessories/CoalInserts/Hs150.aspx

Do they make these things for other Morso stoves? I have a Morso Panther.

I just used a couple of 2" thick firebricks on each side to reduce the size of the box. The only thing about using bricks rather than metal, is that the stove will be slower to heat up (but it will also retain its heat for longer when it cools down).

I have just had a new stove fitted (1400) and according to the instruction book when burning solid fuel you should fit a coal insert/fuel economiser on the left and right hand side of the fire box. Anyone know where you can get these things..?

:D

In my experience tis best to leave the stove absolutely standard if it is fairly old spec or if a new one just remove the silly cowl under the chimney and the daft bit that stops doors opening independantly and the washers at the back of the spin wheel. The interior space is perfect, morso have been producing these stoves for many years and have got it spot on. These stoves without extra bricks or inserts or anything else will keep in very easily for at least 28 hours. It of course depends on the size of the boat but if you saved up long enough and bought a whole boat then they cope admirably but reducing the coal burning area would not be conducive to heating the entire cabin.

Hi, thanks for the info, do you remember where you bought them from..?

Domestic control says we got them from Venetian Chandlers near Nantwich. They are genuine Morso and are recommended for use with coal etc for the reasons previously stated.

Lewis.

Domestic control says we got them from Venetian Chandlers near Nantwich. They are genuine Morso and are recommended for use with coal etc for the reasons previously stated.

Lewis.

Many thanks to all for your help on this one, like a fool I bought a set of fire bricks, only to find out that the stove already had them fitted. Now I need to get the proper ones...!!!

Alan.