Sign writing

Tim Doran

Featured Posts

I have just found these classic photos taken by my friend, depicting Joe and Rose Skinner's boat "Friendship" having her castles re-painted. I am pretty certain that it was at the 1971 Northampton IWA Rally, and as far as I can recollect, the painter is Tony Lewery.

JoeRoseSkinner02.jpg

JoeRoseSkinner03.jpg

As usual Rose is holding forth, whilst Joe quietly sits back and lets her get on with it.

Edited by David Schweizer

I have just found these classic photos taken by my friend, depicting Joe and Rose Skinner's boat "Friendship" having her castles re-painted. I am pretty certain that it was at the 1971 Northampton IWA Rally, and as far as I can recollect, the painter is Tony Lewery.

JoeRoseSkinner02.jpg

JoeRoseSkinner03.jpg

As usual Rose is holding forth, whilst Joe quietly sits back and lets her get on with it.

What a classic picture that is :)

• Greenie 1

That's a really nice paint job and colour combination if I may say so..

You may. Thank you kind sir :)

Tony

It doesn't look Like Phil to me either. If it is, he has had a savage haircut since I last met him.

... and put on weight.

Tony

. (look left)

Ditto for ours...

Although it going to be repainted for first time in about 10 years in November. All be it to a simular style although hopefully in the enamel this time.

Enlarged Views: (with and without flash)

imgp2516n.jpg

imgp3624.jpg

I do not recall the name who did it although someone once suggest who it might be, I do however remember watching her do the work, i was about 10 at the time.

Daniel

signwriting3.jpg

signwriting1.jpg

I did Lucky Duck's signwriting before we went off cruising for the summer. The other side's better, but can't find any good photos of it! Was terrifying at first, but once I got the hang, I loved it, and want to do more!

signwriting3.jpg

signwriting1.jpg

I did Lucky Duck's signwriting before we went off cruising for the summer. The other side's better, but can't find any good photos of it! Was terrifying at first, but once I got the hang, I loved it, and want to do more!

Very impressed, I like how sharp the top and bottom of the letters are.

I have to turn the boat around before I can have the other side painted, however a hanging board would solve the problem.

Tim

Ray T I love the grebe,the boat looks a treat

Madcat. thank you. The name and picture came about several years ago when Judith (Mrs T) and I were cruising on the Trent & Mersey on a hire boat.

We spent an Idilic summers evening moored off Croxton Flash, with a bottle of wine of course. There were a couple of Great Crested Grebe swimming and diving in the flash.

At the time I said to Judith "If ever we get our own boat I should like to call it Croxton Flash in memory of that evening.

As the say "The rest is history".

Edited by Ray T