Sponsorship

Featured Posts

I would be opposed to an individual marina sponsoring the forum.

Nice of you to make a public announcement, though, rather than contact the site owner privately, giving us a chance to debate the subject.

As a pose to direct sponsorship with logos on each page etc, I have seen a "Links to our friends" page on forums for companies that support a particular foum be it financially or services.

This does allow the forum to recieve help from ouside and show thier gratitude to the "supporter"

Gary

Edited by imnogeek

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry, bit slow to notice this thread.

I personally feel quite strongly that the forum does not have financial ties with specific companies and or organisations and is hence as far as possible impartial and independent.

However im more than happy to wish you the best with your business and if you feel either now or in the future that you wish to make a donation towards the forums upkeep this is something that we can accept.

Daniel

• 1 month later...

agreed - good standard of manners and good of them to think of making an offer of support.

I like this forum because it is non commercial and therefore we can state (to a reasonable degree our opionions on organisations commercial or otherwise and have no fear of damaging their further support)

I was also impressed by the RCR reply - played with a straight bat in my eyes.

I think we know that there are a number of "persons" who work in related trades that support boaters in different ways, and are regular / irregular contributors on the forum and again would applaud their restraint in trumpet blowing etc

It means we can respect that they are interested and supportive to the forum - long may they continue to be amongst us, as their "knowledge" is most usefull.

Likewise when members ask for comment/feedback on who could fix/sort - buy from we offer "our" opinions and again mosly done in a sense of support to the forum member - those suppliers that have given good service/products clearly benefit from the word of mouth, without them seeking it directly. ditto the reverse.