help needed with transport for boat

elliottweaver

Featured Posts

How many times have we seen this : You want to promote your business so ask for recommendations using your alter ego. Then, recommend this wonderful person using another alter ego.

How cynical we become in the modern age.

How many times have we seen this : You want to promote your business so ask for recommendations using your alter ego. Then, recommend this wonderful person using another alter ego.

How cynical we become in the modern age.

I can see where you are coming from, but so far as I can see, whilst the latest post has produced a "this wonderful guy will do an excellent job for you for peanuts" response, the same question raised a year ago did not.

If it is two alter-egos of the same person, then the plot has only developed very slowly!

I recently paid cash for my purchase at the Waitrose store, lets hope they declare it. £100 cash is not a huge sum to pay for a service and in no way dictates that the provider of the service is 'on the fiddle'. In fact I would not insult someone with a cheque for such a relatively small sum.

Albert.

and there was me thinking i posted a question for help with moving a boat how childish can you people get if you want to cause trouble go on facebook not here

11 months does seem a long while to still be working out how to move the boat after you posted the same question last July though, doesn't it ?

You can see that, surely ???

well there was me thinking i had posted a question for some help on moving my boat not a slanging match if you want do that then try facebook not on here though

and yes alan it does but i havent been to the boat yard for 8 months as i have a job ! so now im back on the boat and i dont think there is any need for sarcastic remarks or critisism just help would be appreciated sorry for all the genuine boaters out there but theres always some who think they are better than the rest of us

well there was me thinking i had posted a question for some help on moving my boat not a slanging match if you want do that then try facebook not on here though

and yes alan it does but i havent been to the boat yard for 8 months as i have a job ! so now im back on the boat and i dont think there is any need for sarcastic remarks or critisism just help would be appreciated sorry for all the genuine boaters out there but theres always some who think they are better than the rest of us

My heavens - - you're a touchy soul!

and there was me thinking i posted a question for help with moving a boat how childish can you people get if you want to cause trouble go on facebook not here

Why, what's happening on facebook?

and yes alan it does but i havent been to the boat yard for 8 months as i have a job ! so now im back on the boat

The advice hasn't actually changed, in a year, though.

exactly it hasnt changed that is why a year has passed and somebody on the canal system may have known of someone who moved boats that is why i asked and it doesnt matter seems to me you arent here to help after all u just wind people up and take the p*ss out of people who are just trying to get something done but hey im just new what do i know

exactly it hasnt changed that is why a year has passed and somebody on the canal system may have known of someone who moved boats that is why i asked and it doesnt matter seems to me you arent here to help after all u just wind people up and take the p*ss out of people who are just trying to get something done but hey im just new what do i know

Have you read any other post on this forum? You should know, that this forum has a tendency to go offf topic, and that answers can be laced with humor, irony, sarcasm, and occassionaly blunt truth. If that is not your style, fine. Perhaps faceburk will answer your boating questions?

I have so far not failed to get answers to all of my questions (and as a new boater, I have some...), and have been mightily entertainet in the process.

Take it, or leave it.

:lol:

Oh, and you know what may help to be taken a little more serious, if you would use punctuation, and appropriate capitalisation.

(damn, i tried not to ...)

Wow.. This really has made my day better. Chill out man. It's a one sided argument. Everyone else is posting out of amazement, your the only one throwing the toy's out of the pram.

The OP has Nick's number and can give him a call. Sorted.

Peace.

Let me Google that for you!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm here for my entertainment, not yours.

If, during the time I am here, some useful information should slip out, then that is all for the good but, if I'm expected to be here to help, then I'll have to start charging.

Discount for cash, of course :lol:

Let me Google that for you!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm here for my entertainment, not yours.

If, during the time I am here, some useful information should slip out, then that is all for the good but, if I'm expected to be here to help, then I'll have to start charging.

Discount for cash, of course :lol:

I just fell of my chair ha ha ha :lol:

u are not funny and if you have not got anything useful to say with regards this topic please go find another topic to annoy

Actually some people do find me funny but they don't expect it of me.

If you do expect me to make you laugh then a list of rates can be provided.

I have provided you with two means of finding boat movers and entertained myself in the process.

Win win, in my opinion.

Actually some people do find me funny but they don't expect it of me.

If you do expect me to make you laugh then a list of rates can be provided.

I have provided you with two means of finding boat movers and entertained myself in the process.

Win win, in my opinion.

Stop it carl, i'm p*ssing myself here

I suppose you could have re-opened your original thread, and said something like......

"Hey guys, for various reasons, work included, it's 11 months on, but I still have not managed to get this boat shifted. Thanks for previous advice, but I'm still having problems arranging it, so what I would really like to know now is.........................."

That at least makes people think their previous input has been considered, and at least lets anyone else picking up on it know what you already know, or have been told.

You can actually get phenomenal amounts of help on here, if you go about it in a polite and constructive way......

u are not funny and if you have not got anything useful to say with regards this topic please go find another topic to annoy

Assuming I read this correctly, which may not be the case due to the lack of English skills demonstrated, this topic is annoyed!

Carl's Amusement Tariff:

Wry smirk - 50p

Slight chuckle - 75p

Cheeky giggle - £1.20

Audible chortle - £2.00

Raucous Laughter - £3.10

Uncontrollable merriment leading to a little bit of wee escaping - £5

Side splitting laughter requiring medical intervention - £12 plus free ambulance ride.

all prices are plus vat but, hey, we have ways of making that disappear.

very good for your observation and maybe you should becoma a comedian at funerals your that funny m8 and as for the thread it could of been wrote differently but i wasnt aware that i could go back to previous threads as im new

and maybe you sad old dilapitated gits could do something instead of takin the p*ss maybe have a game of sink your boats or go over jokes with that other numpty for his funeral appearence good luck!

Carl's Amusement Tariff:

Wry smirk - 50p

Slight chuckle - 75p

Cheeky giggle - £1.20

Audible chortle - £2.00

Raucous Laughter - £3.10

Side splitting laughter requiring medical intervention - £12 plus free ambulance ride.

Discount for cash?

:lol:

Carl's Amusement Tariff:

Wry smirk - 50p

Slight chuckle - 75p

Cheeky giggle - £1.20

Audible chortle - £2.00

Raucous Laughter - £3.10

Do you have a discount for multiple purchases? If not it would seem that I owe you 3x £1.20 + VAT so far today! :lol: