Flexible Gas Pipe Again

Featured Posts

What about this, and ends can be self fitted?

Biggles

Interesting stuff. Notably for liquid-phase LPG rather than vapour, but even so. Can't remember seeing it as approved under the LPGA COP11 for LPG engine conversions, but I've not done one for a while. Sorry - not a lot of help.

And now look what you've done - I was thinking of bringing up the subject of DIY LPG autogas conversions on the 'other' thread, of which I've done a few, and the fact that with up to 10bar liquid pressure to deal with, leaks and installation mistakes are rather more of a problem than with the 37mbar on the boat system - but I thought better of it... And now you've tempted me into it! :lol: :lol:

PC

Interesting stuff. Notably for liquid-phase LPG rather than vapour, but even so. Can't remember seeing it as approved under the LPGA COP11 for LPG engine conversions, but I've not done one for a while. Sorry - not a lot of help.

And now look what you've done - I was thinking of bringing up the subject of DIY LPG autogas conversions on the 'other' thread, of which I've done a few, and the fact that with up to 10bar liquid pressure to deal with, leaks and installation mistakes are rather more of a problem than with the 37mbar on the boat system - but I thought better of it... And now you've tempted me into it! :lol: :lol:

PC

Go on you know you want to!

I have decided to use a 40L car LPG tank on my motorhome to provide the domestic gas. It all arrived yesterday, well, accept the mounting kit which is on its way. I need to cut the pick up tube to get vapor of an get an in line regulator of some sort. If you have a suggestion on that I be keen to hear it. The tank outlet is 8mm.

The reason I chose this route was because I wanted to have the LPG tank refillable, and outside the MH.

The flexible lines will hole liquid LPG which according to my tank supplier is about 100 psi.

My guess even if its not in the regs this would be a suitable flexible pipe to use. All a bit academic now as I have gone it all in copper.

Biggles

edit spelling as usual :lol:

Edited by Biggles

I have decided to use a 40L car LPG tank on my motorhome to provide the domestic gas. It all arrived yesterday, well, accept the mounting kit which is on its way. I need to cut the pick up tube to get vapor of an get an in line regulator of some sort. If you have a suggestion on that I be keen to hear it. The tank outlet is 8mm.

The reason I chose this route was because I wanted to have the LPG tank refillable, and outside the MH.

The flexible lines will hole liquid LPG which according to my tank supplier is about 100 psi.

My guess even if its not in the regs this would be a suitable flexible pipe to use. All a bit academic now as I have gone it all in copper.

Biggles

I don't think Refillable tanks are allowed under the BSS

Biggles

edit spelling as usual :lol:

Sounds like a good plan to me... Not sure what to suggest for a fixed vapouriser which'd produce 30mbar output - must be something out there. Probably better, as you say, to arrange to get vapour from the tank, then through a wall-mount standard 30mbar reg. Is it a single-hole or multi-hole tank? At least you get a contents gauge sensor for free, as it were, with a proper tank as opposed to cylinders.

Aye, the lines would work just lovely, it was more of a comment on using them for liquid from tank to engine-bay vapouriser, as I couldn't remember seeing them in the rules... :lol:

6bar liquid pressure sounds about right - 10bar is usually the blowoff pressure on the release valve, from filling the car up at 5am on a summer morning and leaving it in the sun all day... :lol:

PC