From our friends across the pond

T.A

Featured Posts

He just bought a new boat and decided to take her for the maiden voyage.

This was his first boat and he wasn't quite sure of the exact 'Standard Operating Procedures' for launching it off a ramp, but figured it couldn't be too hard.

He consulted his local boat dealer for advice, they just said "don't let the trailer get too deep when you launch the boat".

Well, he didn't know what they meant by that as he could barely get the trailer in the water at all! Anyhow, here's a picture below.

They walk among us, and, they reproduce and vote!

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/TATK/trailerboat.jpg

Woops.

Being a skeptic, I think that they probably left the hand brake off and it rolled in.

Tim

That picture is bugging me. I can trace it back on the internet with the words T.A used, and the earliest reference is June 2009. I thought it was going around before that but I can't find any more about it.

Oh, and I also believe it's either the handbrake slipping or the tide coming in.

Richard

Most likely. Still, why on earth would anybody put a rig like that on a slipway car first?

Because they had just pulled up and hadnt turned around yet?

Most of the trailed boats slipped at our marina end up parked car first, before signing in and turning around the whole "rig"

car be more likely to have an auto gearbox ..

maybe he slipped into 'park' 'n bypassed use of handbrake ..

somehow it nudged out of 'park' ..

don't know which is funnier to look at .. car in water .. or the apartment-block-on-water in the background ..

could at least have painted some teeth across the bow ..

He just bought a new boat and decided to take her for the maiden voyage.

This was his first boat and he wasn't quite sure of the exact 'Standard Operating Procedures' for launching it off a ramp, but figured it couldn't be too hard.

He consulted his local boat dealer for advice, they just said "don't let the trailer get too deep when you launch the boat".

Well, he didn't know what they meant by that as he could barely get the trailer in the water at all! Anyhow, here's a picture below.

They walk among us, and, they reproduce and vote!

Only in America! :lol:

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/TATK/trailerboat.jpg

Well, yes. Many of us Yanks don't pay attention to what we are doing. Look who we just elected as president? Why do you think I like the UK so much?

When we still lived on the dirt we would go to a boat launch on many sundays to watch the drunks try and back their trailors into the water. What fun.

Well, yes. Many of us Yanks don't pay attention to what we are doing. Look who we just elected as president? Why do you think I like the UK so much?

When we still lived on the dirt we would go to a boat launch on many sundays to watch the drunks try and back their trailors into the water. What fun.

:lol::lol: