Posh Diesel

barge sara

Featured Posts

True. Formula 1 regs require that the cars use standard petrol that must be available on a forecourt. They don't state where the forecourt must be. Shell working with Ferrari (I expect other teams do the same too) therefore brew up special blends of fuel using fuel from different locations to get the best possible performance. Most of the time they use a blend that gives maximum energy per unit mass, but sometimes if they need to run long stints (and the size of the tank becomes a limiting factor) they switch to a blend that gives maximum energy per unit volume, so they get a few extra laps from a tank. So the fuel from one place to another varies, probably by more than the difference between different brands.

Unfortunately I don't know where the highest energy fuel is sold (or even what country!).

You have omitted to say where the forecourt is. I believe you will find one at every formula 1 GP where you can go and fill your car up. I'm sure I remember walking past the one at Silverstone.

Richard

How very civilised, hope you warm the pot first and cut your sandwiches into neat triangles with the crusts removed... :lol:

Where in Yorkshire is the tea grown - by gum they must be hardy plants!

Back on topic - I have acquired a quantity of 28 sec heating oil. Is this ok to use in an NB engine?

Adrian

Back on topic - I have acquired a quantity of 28 sec heating oil. Is this ok to use in an NB engine?

Apart from whether the engine would run on it, you would be breaking the law if you used it for propelling the boat, because the higher rate of excise duty required for

"propulsion" fuel will not have been paid on it.

Vive la difference.

A few years ago some friends and I drove to the Pyrenees in our Landrover Defender 90s, a 1991 200Tdi, a 1996 300Tdi and a 1999 Td5 (electronically controlled), all 2.5l. When we got off the ferry in France we all fueled up on regular diesel and hit the peage. During the trip there was some discussion via the CB about the difference in price between regular diesel and premium diesel, and how much closer the prices were in France than in the UK. When we stopped for our first fuel stop we all filled with premium diesel and worked out (from one speedo!) our MPG. We then went off again and at our next fuel stop all had done more MPG than on the first tank - I do not recall the exact difference, but we decided it was enough to be worth buying the premium diesel in France but not in the UK where there is about a 5% difference in price rather then a €0.02 difference. Not very scientific but I am convinced.

I used to deliver cleaning chemicals to a Shell terminal at Heathrow. There there was a bulk diesel tank and a smaller tank next to it of red dye. I am assuming that red or white, the product was the same. There were tankers of all brands, including supermarkets, coming and going.

Chris