Warn Bar

Featured Posts

Are you going to confess your Badness or do I have to apply for a CWDF CRB check?

Liam Warned on Oct 8 2009, 11:52 AM

Removed from warn level Warning level decreased after 6 months of no issues.

Jon Warned on Mar 13 2009, 05:29 PM

Added to warn level Made insinuation to another member about being a peadophile in post "Drinking and Boating"

Liam Warned on Feb 13 2009, 02:48 PM

Added to warn level Repeatedly and publicly antagonising other members in partiular *****

Repeated public antagonising towards the user base and offensive name calling towards ******* in the "Boozin 'n Cruizin" thread.

DHutch Warned on Dec 22 2008, 03:32 PM

Added to warn level Repeatedly and publicly antagonising other members in partiular *****

Added to warn level Made insinuation to another member about being a peadophile in post "Drinking and Boating"

Repeated public antagonising towards the user base and offensive name calling towards ******* in the "Boozin 'n Cruizin" thread.

My you have been a naughty girl.....

If you don't like the way the site is Moderated then by all means Begger Orf. :lol:

Or perhaps I'll decide to take it up with the moderators by such means of communication as might attract their attention. For preference that would be PM or e-mail, but as they don't respond there, here it will have to be.

As nobody appears to have put you in charge, I think I'll discount your invitation.

Or perhaps I'll decide to take it up with the moderators by such means of communication as might attract their attention. For preference that would be PM or e-mail, but as they don't respond there, here it will have to be.

As nobody appears to have put you in charge, I think I'll discount your invitation.

It wasnt an invitation, more of an observation. Your thinly veiled dig at Our Glorious Moderators has been noted by those whose opinion counts. :lol:

Cool, you're a five time loser!

I note that all your transgessions have been alcohol related, have you considered the 12 step programme :lol:

Added to warn level Repeatedly and publicly antagonising other members in partiular *****[/i]

Pedant's corner:

Odd that the cwime is stated as "repeatedly and publicly". I'd have thought it should be "repeatedly but publicly", as doing it (making insinuations) in public is less bad than in private. F'rinstance, if I were to say "x is a rhubarb crumble" in public, then this would give x's friends and supporters the opportunity to defend this calumny with, "x is actually a strawberry blancmange, how dare you impugn his good name, you vile bully", etc. If I made said accustion by PM, no one but x would know of my nasty behaviour, and no one would be in a position to leap to the victim's defence. In such instance the victim may do terrible harm to themselves, such as applying hot custard. :lol:

It's been a slack day. Can you tell?

It wasnt an invitation, more of an observation. Your thinly veiled dig at Our Glorious Moderators has been noted by those whose opinion counts. :lol:

There have been no thinly veiled digs. I don't do thinly veiled anything.

Having accepted the request of the moderators that I should allow them to deal with problem posters, I did so. Regrettably, they singularly failed to actually deal with the issue appropriately, and I had to insist that they did so.

Shortly afterwards, I was banned for a week, without warning, without any explanation of the reason for the ban, and entirely outside the site rules that the moderators claim to uphold.

Attempts to object to this behaviour by e-mail have been ignored by the moderators, and as such, I am making my complaint about the behaviour of the moderators a matter of public record.

Whilst I accept that they do the job voluntarily, that does not excuse doing it badly, and I believe that they did it badly.

As for "those whose opinion counts"; I rather doubt that you are in a position to comment on what "those whose opinion counts" have or have not noted.

Pedant's corner:

Odd that the cwime is stated as "repeatedly and publicly". I'd have thought it should be "repeatedly but publicly", as doing it (making insinuations) in public is less bad than in private. F'rinstance, if I were to say "x is a rhubarb crumble" in public, then this would give x's friends and supporters the opportunity to defend this calumny with, "x is actually a strawberry blancmange, how dare you impugn his good name, you vile bully", etc. If I made said accustion by PM, no one but x would know of my nasty behaviour, and no one would be in a position to leap to the victim's defence. In such instance the victim may do terrible harm to themselves, such as applying hot custard. :lol:

It's been a slack day. Can you tell?

:lol: Is there a sliding scale of pudding-based insults?

There have been no thinly veiled digs. I don't do thinly veiled anything.

Having accepted the request of the moderators that I should allow them to deal with problem posters, I did so. Regrettably, they singularly failed to actually deal with the issue appropriately, and I had to insist that they did so.

Shortly afterwards, I was banned for a week, without warning, without any explanation of the reason for the ban, and entirely outside the site rules that the moderators claim to uphold.

Attempts to object to this behaviour by e-mail have been ignored by the moderators, and as such, I am making my complaint about the behaviour of the moderators a matter of public record.

Whilst I accept that they do the job voluntarily, that does not excuse doing it badly, and I believe that they did it badly.

As for "those whose opinion counts"; I rather doubt that you are in a position to comment on what "those whose opinion counts" have or have not noted.

I think you have been treated appallingly. I would take this matter straight to the European Courts, it may give them some light relief from the mundane tedium of the Karadich affair.

Edited by tomsk

As an Editor on a different website, I know how the moderators feel. All those who moderate this site are volunteers (as are all those on the site where I am an Editor), and as such do this thankless task for free, in their own spare time. And whilst on the site where I am we do get the occassional free product samples to review, I very much doubt that on this site there is any reward for the moderators at all.

To have to deal with 'difficult' members can be tedious to the extreme, especially if you have just come home after a long day, or night, at work. To be honest, often the temptation to ignore a fractious post, especially if it is a repeat, is overwhelming. After all, the moderators are under no obligation to answer your PM. Sure, it would be courteous to do so, but as they are volunteers, and the site is for free, and you have not 'bought' a service as described, it is a simple case of 'like it, or lump it'.

It irritates me to no end (occassionally anyway), that those who use a free service like this, expect the volunteers to be at their beck and call, and expect a 'full time, paid level' of service.

Apple pie is so ordinary that it is the marker that everything is measured from.

Richard

A sort of vanilla option....

I concur and vote that we use the Warm Apple Pie (un-sauced) as the base unit of insult.

Cold, warm or 'McDonalds Scalding'?

Actually if some-one referred to me as a McDonalds Apple pie that would be a 'real' insult they have got to be one of the most sickly ghastly concoctions any fast food emporium has ever turned out, oh and yes they're a bluddy H&S hazard too, hot - I don't think the earth's core is hotter.

As you can probably tell I have had one recently.

Actually if some-one referred to me as a McDonalds Apple pie that would be a 'real' insult they have got to be one of the most sickly ghastly concoctions any fast food emporium has ever turned out, oh and yes they're a bluddy H&S hazard too, hot - I don't think the earth's core is hotter.

As you can probably tell I have had one recently.

They are especially hot when driving away from the drive through with apple pie in one hand, steering wheel in other and mouth burning with no hope of stopping to sort it out :lol:

A little like Ginsters Pasty's on sliproads

They are especially hot when driving away from the drive through with apple pie in one hand, steering wheel in other and mouth burning with no hope of stopping to sort it out :lol:

I think you have just admitted to 'Driving Without Due Care and Attention', after hurredly donning my Gown and Wig I sentance you to be taken from this place and served Bread and Butter Pudding nappe'd in Creme Anglaise until you pop.

I thought that was a 'Gillian' ?

:lol: