Ignore users

Featured Posts

Just discovered that there is a 'Ignore Users facility' in this forum.

So not only can you block PM's from users that irritate you you can ignore (ie not even see) their posts too.

Very useful.....

Possibly....and as I said very useful

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: carlt.

· View this post

· Un-ignore carlt

Edited by MJG

so you ignore the post, then you read the reply from someone else! you have no idea what the reply is about! very useful

NOT!! :lol:

On the contrary!

I ignore two members and they are rarely quoted so I hardly ever have to read the dross they post.

Just discovered that there is a 'Ignore Users facility' in this forum.

So not only can you block PM's from users that irritate you you can ignore (ie not even see) their posts too.

Very useful.....

Without absorbing all available information ie all posts a narrow view will be formed and an uninformed opinion gained... Is that me on the shortlist now :lol:

Without absorbing all available information ie all posts a narrow view will be formed and an uninformed opinion gained... Is that me on the shortlist now :lol:

You make a valuable point and I have been thinking exactly the same.......

And anyway on further consideration it's not actually useful because if some body quotes what the person you are ignoring says you see it in a subsequent post anyway.

CarlT actually is quite knowledgeable and informative (even though of course he doesn't think the same about me - which I have to say doesn't particularly bother me) so I might as well exploit his knowledge even though due to my relative inexperience I can't always reciprocate.

I used to have ChrisW on ignore, however the notification that I was ignoring him was too tempting to ignore and I always checked his post eventually as they were usually hugely unintentionally humourous and/or pompose, In the end I just un-ignored him..... What did happen to the funny little man, he doesnt seem to post anymore?

You make a valuable point and I have been thinking exactly the same.......

And anyway on further consideration it's not actually useful because if some body quotes what the person you are ignoring says you see it in a subsequent post anyway.

CarlT actually is quite knowledgeable and informative (even though of course he doesn't think the same about me - which I have to say doesn't particularly bother me) so I might as well exploit his knowledge even though due to my relative inexperience I can't always reciprocate.

You are doing ok the main point is keep on keeping on I would never form an opinion about any one without considerable experience of them. I used to but have with the passing years become more receptive to others to my benefit. Cutting people out only deprives you of thier good qualities as well as thier less attractive traits. :lol: Quite often its ourselves that we cut off because we recognise the truth in what others say

Edited by soldthehouse

You are doing ok the main point is keep on keeping on I would never form an opinion about any one without considerable experience of them. I used to but have with the passing years become more receptive to others to my benefit. Cutting people out only deprives you of thier good qualities as well as thier less attractive traits. :lol: Quite often its ourselves that we cut off because we recognise the truth in what others say :lol:

That's not really fair.

I haven't really formed any opinion about you (yet) and can recall no incidents that would make you think so??

I'm not really ignoring you, btw, my first post in this thread was a joke.

That's not really fair.

I haven't really formed any opinion about you (yet) and can recall no incidents that would make you think so??

I'm not really ignoring you, btw, my first post in this thread was a joke.

Profuse apologies Carl, I didn't appreciate you were joking, thought you indeed had me 'on the list' and thought when you said,

"I ignore two members and they are rarely quoted so I hardly ever have to read the dross they post."

in a subsequent post that one of the two was me - was a tad mystified I have to say why I would be on a list of yours, but happy to note that I'm not.

Well i don't need a computer (or a forum application) to help me ignore someone, i can do it all my own (without using my hands too)

Of course that's true too.

Edited by MJG

Profuse apologies Carl, I didn't appreciate you were joking, thought you indeed had me 'on the list' and thought when you said,

"I ignore two members and they are rarely quoted so I hardly ever have to read the dross they post."

in a subsequent post that one of the two was me - was a tad mystified I have to say why I would be on a list of yours, but happy to note that I'm not.

Of course that's true too.

Communication what a wonderful tool for enlightenment.. result :lol:

Well i don't need a computer (or a forum application) to help me ignore someone, i can do it all my own (without using my hands too)

This is true but the two people I ignore regularly make derogatory comments aimed specifically at me (though one of tyhem hasn't logged on for some time.)

One of the members often does make interesting comments that aren't nasty but these tend to get quoted, by others, so I do see them and then I will respond to that particular comment and give her the benefit of my wisdom.

This is true but the two people I ignore regularly make derogatory comments aimed specifically at me (though one of tyhem hasn't logged on for some time.)

One of the members often does make interesting comments that aren't nasty but these tend to get quoted, by others, so I do see them and then I will respond to that particular comment and give her the benefit of my wisdom.

Oh good, I don't match either of those descriptions, so it's not me.

Richard

Yet...

So you're not cross-dressing any more then, Richardela?

Hang on, let me check the calendar...

Richar*

And don't forget that your guests at Titford were very careful to find out if we were married to each other.

Edited by RLWP

Hang on, let me check the calendar...

Richar*

And don't forget that your guests at Titford were very careful to find out if we were married to each other.

That was sooooo funny.... "What? You're two blokes on a boat? But there's only one bed!!"

What sort of person runs round shouting 'I'm ignoring you! I'm ignoring you! Hey, LISTEN!!! You there!! I'M IGNORING YOU'

If you'd upset so many people that you had to not only block PMs from them but ignore their posts as well, would you really want to tell everyone about it?

Very odd.

What sort of person runs round shouting 'I'm ignoring you! I'm ignoring you! Hey, LISTEN!!! You there!! I'M IGNORING YOU'

If you'd upset so many people that you had to not only block PMs from them but ignore their posts as well, would you really want to tell everyone about it?

Very odd.

this really.

It's like that schoolyard "pinch punch, no returns" thing.