I wasn't looking for another boat

Mick_B

Featured Posts

2 splitters already on the canal and I must be crazy but shook hands on a deal last night.

Am I chuffed.... yes. Am I in shock..... yes. Does the colour purple suit me.... NO... but ah shucks... :lol::lol::lol:

Home at last

Pic1

Pic2

Edited by Shinner

I thoroughly endorse the ownership of purple boats - though ours is officially "Deep violet". The shape of the pointy end looks familiar; who built her?

EDIT: I have no idea how this message got printed twice but I think that I have pruned it now.

Edited by Athy

I thoroughly endorse the ownership of purple boats - though ours is officially "Deep violet". The shape of the pointy end looks familiar; who built her?

Well done sir... Bagpuss will be along presently to provide a membership card for the purple boat brigade...

Anything GRP. They make a splitting noise when pinned against lock walls by NB's :lol: Not a nice sound

Thanks Phylis. I have heard such boats referred to as "Yoghurt Pots", "Tupperwares" and "Squashables" but never "Splitters". I am fond of colourful slang and shall add that one to my vocabulary!

Thanks Phylis. I have heard such boats referred to as "Yoghurt Pots", "Tupperwares" and "Squashables" but never "Splitters". I am fond of colourful slang and shall add that one to my vocabulary!

Just dont try it out. It isnt a nice experience. Or at least it isnt when aboard the one splitting!!

EDIT: I have no idea how this message got printed twice but I think that I have pruned it now.

I have absolutly no idea who the builder is and doubt the seller does either. No doubt one of the genius's here will offer suggestions. (I hope) :lol:

Edited by Shinner

Weetabix boats are another because the noise they make, when being squeezed up against a lock wall, by a tin coffin, is similar to the one made when you crush a weetabix, in your hand.

I have absolutly no idea who the builder is and doubt the seller does either. No doubt one of the genius's here will offer suggestions. (I hope) :lol:

OK, I'm going to hazzard a wild guess that this is an ex-Peak Forest Cruisers (Macclesfield) boat.

Whilst the use of tread plate on the foredeck is common for them, it isn't unique to them. The clincher would appear to be the distinctive throttle/gear control.

• 1 month later...

congratulations mick,hope yer settlin in well,sure has got cold in the last few days.see ya down the hatch soon.[by the way,how many boats do ya need?are you thinkin of startin a hire company?]

Edited by pquinn