How many TV channels

Guest User

Featured Posts

I've got Freesat at home, only freeview on the boat. About the only time I switch to freeview at home is to see what is on Dave, which as larry says isn't on Freesat. OK I know it's all repeats, but it is good to catch up on some of the programs.

Freesat will almost guarantee you decent reception on the cut though.

Thanks, I've gleaned that Freeview has the following channels which Freesat doesn't ....

Sky Sports News

E4

E4 +1

More 4

More 4 +1

ftn

UKTV History

abc1

The Hits

TMF

However, overall Freesat is supposed to have more channels but as yet I haven't found a listing (although I'm guessing they're probably mostly shopping channels)

I think freeview has a better selection of channels although numerically less of them. I suppose one advantage with freesat is that you have get BBC progs in HD when broadcast that way.

On the boat and at home I am happy with Freeview.

I have found that Freesat is so much easier and convenient because you can leave the dish attached and just tune in whenever you stop as opposed to having a relatively large aerial that needs to stored somewhere when on the move. Cost wise its not much different to set up.

just get rid of the idiot box saves all the worry,and pick up a book or better still have a conversation with the OH

After smashing our aerial off, about 4 or 5 months ago, we went to great efforts to get the replacement fitted ASAP. We have yet to watch it since :lol:

I have found that Freesat is so much easier and convenient because you can leave the dish attached and just tune in whenever you stop as opposed to having a relatively large aerial that needs to stored somewhere when on the move. Cost wise its not much different to set up.

Sure, each to his own but I don't find storing the aerial is not a problem we have a log periodic one which is flat and just clips under the cratch cover plank.