error message

gaggle

Featured Posts

while trying to send in reply to section-

an error message saying fault with bb code opening tags dont match closing tags.

i dont know what it means,anybody help?

30895[/snapback]

Sorry, without a little more info I don't know either.

bernie ,i will have to wait until i reply to posts and see if it comes again,but my daughter has just told me when she turned on and opened windows the computer told her that"this program has performed an illegal action contact vendor if it persists"..

it may be my windows that is carrying a fault.

but the error message came up only when i was trying to send a reply and said more or less what i put in first post.

i will re-start my computer and if i get error again i will write it down to post later.thanks

while trying to send in reply to section-

an error message saying fault with bb code opening tags dont match closing tags.

i dont know what it means,anybody help?

opening tags are bits enclosed in squarebrackets, such as ] [url [b ] [i ] etc.

- And then closeing tags are the second half, such as [\img ] [\url ] [\b ] [\i ] etc.

If these dont match, the code cant work fully, and the forum throws a paddy about it.

This is completely non-related to the windows error, which is windows throwing a paddy about some program you where running. (it then ussually asked you to report the error, and closes the program that offended it)

- Its just MS way of telling you it cant be arsed at the momment!

Daniel

i think i may have deleted part of post i was replying to,at the very start that of script where it says qoute ect.

that then did not match the end of post i was replying to.i.e end qoute.

nice one dan,i realised my mistake once you explained what

"tags"mean.

blueyonder is having problems again "outlook express gone" so my mind goes into overdrive and i link everything,all problems to them.

thanks.

Gaggle it shouldn;t matter if you deleted part of the tag - > it just won't work and will look like this

when you post!

yeah it usually does, as sam says, just not work.

- But i have got that error message once before, but i never worked out what was diffrent about that time than any other....?

Just ignore it and hope it doesnt do it again!

Daniel

i have just had the same error message and could not put a post up until i removed all the text from before and after words i was qouteing by heather and julie.removed the text and it posted then.

again i think it occurred because i had deleted part of tag stuff.

gagle

Can you get us a screenshot of the error message, and post it on here?

To take a screen shot,

- While the error message is onscreen, press the 'printscreen' button, This will copy a pictue of the screen to the clipboard.

- Then open up MS Paint, or any other graphics program you use, and paste this image in the (Edit, paste. or press Ctrl+V)

- Then save the image as a .Jpeg or .Gif , put it in photo bucket, and link to it.

Although you proberbly know most of that already?

Daniel

Thats true.

31166[/snapback]

i will try this and see if i can make the error happen,i will do this post again but i will mess with the text 01:48 pm} which is what i think makes it happen.

when i delete text and go to far and into the bracket may cause it.

Thats true.

31166[/snapback]

this is what happens,if i delete starting from between the words thats true

{qoute=dhutch,sept 15 2005,01:48

true

{right}{snapback}31166{snapback}{right}

{/qoute}

see i have deleted- pm}thats

well then i try to post and it wont post and the error message appears

give it a go and see if it happens for you

I often edit quotes.

- Eather to cut down the text im quoting, to save people reading it again

- Or if the post im quoting is just a post of so above mine, i remove the {right}{snapback}31166{snapback}{right} bit, which removed the little red arrow, thus saving some space.

And if im just typing the tegs from scratch, i often dont both putting in the name or date, as this often isnt applicable.

- The tags are usally very flexable and fail-safe.

As i said about, ive only ever one had the error worning, and to this day i dont know why.

- Maybe you'd have more luck going directly to the invision forums (the forum of the people who make the forum software LINKY

Daniel

i dont know what browsers are but it is internet explorer on blueyonder.

this past week has been a pain i have had to spend hrs again and again on a fault with my email.

ping this ping that,i know nothing about computers and how they work so when i am getting instructions over the phone from someone who is computer literate and speaking jargon it is hard.

it turns out symantec live update has corrupt programs and it has done my computer good style,windows script is to cock so when i got instructions to re-configure outlook express thats to cock.

they have live email support for problems and that must connect to india,and if you think call centre,s are a bad idea these prove it.

i must have had ten different links given to me by the call centre and every one of them has come back page unavailable.

never mind though ,whats the use of worry. no use at all

Edited by gaggle

The ping command?

That'll get you nowhere, it'll only tell you if you have an internet connection.

The problem could be with Symantec trying to scan emails which are sent via Outlook, there's an option with the Symantec to scan incoming and outgoing emails. I suggest you try turning this off for testing purposes, but I also suggest that you turn it back on afterwards as you don't know what can end up in your inbox.

If all else fails, get hold of a Windows XP disk and start from scratch. It may seem daunting but it's pretty straight forward. Well it is coming from me because I speak computerish.

Let us know if you have any further problems and we'll try and help you, even if you are a "CC'er" and have logs and a bike on the roof of your boat, I promise I won't tell my commodore! :lol:

if i turn the firewall off everything is ok.

mail in and out if firewall is off nothing in or out if it is on.

symantec have said that their live update has caused it because it has corrupt programs in it and i run live update.

they are trying to help but slowly,i have all my recovery discs from when i bought the computer if the worse comes to the worse.

as fore the commadore liam most of me posts are just to wind up the posts a tad,

the commodore i was referring to,i was going to buy his boat,his wife had failing health.

they were good eggs.

i promise if you meet me anytime on the cut you will go away knowing you have met a decent fella.

i dont say much in real life,when i do its loud because i,m a bit mutton.

he makes more noise than A GAGGLE OF GEESE. :lol::D