A list of all the people we would like to thank

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

So as not to hijack Daves other thread lest start a seperate list of all the people we would like to thank over the last year. Its not that often the good and considerate behaviour gets a mention.

So far this year my thanks go out to:

The couple moored at Kings Staithe, York at easter, who seeing that we had had a rough journey allowed us to moor alongside and offered us a beer to relax and unwind.

The couple moored at the Dawnay Arms the same day who cooked us some lunch (and drank the night away) whilst listening to our adventure.

Phil at Linton Lock marina who spent bank holiday monday fixing our props and who still didnt charge us the earth for the pleasure.

The owners of "Long Shot" who rescued us on the tidal Trent when the exhaust was blocked with mud and then followed us back to Torksey even though they were going the opposite way.

To ben for sinking his dinghy whilst trying to recover our dinghy and to the chap who resuced our dinghy and brought it back.

and finally to all the staff at Burton Waters who have helped us through our first year of boating ownership.

Im sure there have been many others but they are the ones that spring to mind.

So who would you like to thank?

So as not to hijack Daves other thread lest start a seperate list of all the people we would like to thank over the last year. Its not that often the good and considerate behaviour gets a mention.

The couple moored at Kings Staithe, York at easter, who seeing that we had had a rough journey allowed us to moor alongside and offered us a beer to relax and unwind.

The couple moored at the Dawnay Arms the same day who cooked us some lunch (and drank the night away) whilst listening to our adventure.

Phil at Linton Lock marina who spent bank holiday monday fixing our props and who still didnt charge us the earth for the pleasure.

The owners of "Long Shot" who rescued us on the tidal Trent when the exhaust was blocked with mud and then followed us back to Torksey even though they were going the opposite way.

To ben for sinking his dinghy whilst trying to recover our dinghy and to the chap who resuced our dinghy and brought it back.

and finally to all the staff at Burton Waters who have helped us through our first year of boating ownership.

All the members of this forum for the countless nibbits of information I have gleened over the last two years...............and for the hours of entertainment...............Keep it up :lol:

Alex

Well, harumph!

Threads should be hijacked. How else would they go off-topic

The whole forums been hijacked if you ask me dave! no names no pack drill, nods as good as a wink to a blind horse know what I mean.

Reading through this lot I think your a jinx

Edited by mikevye

I would like to thank Phylis for being a good sport and keeping us entertained even if she hasn't a narrowboat

Sue

... and I would like to thank all 19 British Waterways directors for being good sports and keeping us entertained. In particular:-

For threatening to sue me

For gallantly refusing bonuses last year

For deciding at the 11th hour that they were not worth a 15% pay rise.

For attempting to hide the fact that the funding gap did not exist

For wasting over £200 million on property and joint ventures (much more entertaining than spending it on dredging)

For losing £35 million on joint ventures and thinking nobody would notice

For confirming that no plans exist for aligning directors salaries with the third sector

.... and also Carl (in anticipation) for agreeing to replace Tony Hales as BW's chairman. (much more entertaining than an IWA nominee)

.... and also Carl (in anticipation) for agreeing to replace Tony Hales as BW's chairman. (much more entertaining than an IWA nominee)

Unfortunately my "witty but biting memo" method of management merely led to a happy workforce but poor productivity.

I'd love to say "Alb my tom cat who has the patience to appreciate that sometimes we need to get places so he shouldn't wander off for three days" but I'd be lying.

Thanks this year should go to Terry and Kev, better neighbours you couldn't imagine, and Steve, for maintaining the status quo and being good at keeping the cellar!

A very special thank you to Hamsterfan (Kev) who took up my cri de coeur when my gas was cut off. Today, as promised, he came out of his way to see what was the matter.

He gave the the system a thorough overhaul, diagnosed a serious and (potentially) very dangerous problem with sooted up heat exchanger on the boiler, repaired it and reconnected the gas.

Not only do I now have gas, I also have hot water for the first time in years. All he asked was for a cup of tea and gave me a stern warning to buy a carbon monoxide alarm.

For any gas services in the Southampton area, Kev is the man.

Again, my very grateful thanks

Chris.

Reading through this lot I think your a jinx

Thats not half of it.

I would like to thank Phylis for being a good sport and keeping us entertained even if she hasn't a narrowboat

Sue

Well someones got to provide some entertainment :lol: