Body found in Grand Union

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

I think I know that unless there is somebody with some very obscure knowledge that I lack, there is no Frogmore Lane in Apsley / Hemel Hempstead anywhere near the lock pictured.

Frogmore Road, yes - Frogmore Lane, I think, no!

Also, it appears the canal is closed at the moment.

From Waterscape:

7 - 17 Jun 2009

Stoppage: Lock 64 to Lock 66, Grand Union Canal

Associated Regional Office: BW South-East

Due to a crime incident the police have closed the canal and towpath for today between locks 64 and 66. Boaters can wind their craft just above lock 64 and above lock 66 or at Apsley Marina.

(Enquiries: 01908 302500)

The towpath is also closed

Edited by alan_fincher

I think I know that unless there is somebody with some very obscure knowledge that I lack, there is no Frogmore Lane in Apsley / Hemel Hempstead anywhere near the lock pictured.

That's funny I'm sure I used to walk in Frogmore Lane.

That's funny I'm sure I used to walk in Frogmore Lane.

Dunno,

Hemel Online has repeated it, but Watford Observer has changed to Frogmore Road.

My Hemel may shows Frogmore Crescent, Frogmore End and Frogmore Road, but definitely no Frogmore Lane.

There are some tracks and footpaths fairly close, (though not right by the bridge and lock pictured). It's possible one of these is known as Frogmore Lane, without being recognised as a road, I suppose. As I said, I'm not an expert, but it sounded wrong. It's certainly Frogmore Road where my car is serviced, though!