BW Water Points

Featured Posts

Most BW taps that I've encountered have a choice of fittings - a screw on one, which you can get to fit the Hozelock fitting but you will always be leaving it behind, and a simple push-on one which you just shove a hose onto. I've always found the latter to work perfectly fine, especially as the taps invariably leak everywhere anyway.

Most BW taps that I've encountered have a choice of fittings - a screw on one, which you can get to fit the Hozelock fitting but you will always be leaving it behind, and a simple push-on one which you just shove a hose onto. I've always found the latter to work perfectly fine, especially as the taps invariably leak everywhere anyway.

I think you are talking about the type that comes in a pillar type post, with a drop down flap, covering a valve that directs water to one or the other ?

Whilst fairly prevalent in some areas, other places you'll not see them at all, and it's possible to travel many, many miles and only see the screw on type.

The type of adaptor already shown, with two thread sizes, is a very good option, although virtually all taps I have used for years have used the same thread size, (without the adaptor, IIRC).

I would say that I don't think you'll find anywhere geared up to "push on" only, but there always seem to be exceptions to any rule on BW.

We were genuinely surprised that the Lee still has water points where you appear to only realistically be able to use them if hogging a lock. Very commonplace elsewhere many years ago, but something I would have expected to see phased out in most places where there is any significant traffic.

The push-on side is fine unless you happen across one of those BW water points with high supply pressure - there are some! I can think of taps where you'd need a Jubilee clip to keep the hose in place.

However, if you're in the habit of keeping the Hozelock connector in the end of your hosepipe, you shouldn't leave many of them behind attached to the threaded spout!

It's also handy to get a collection of sundry hose connectors (I got a couple of sets from a Pound Shop) as it's handy to be able to help people if they've lost their adapters or their hose is too short.

It's also handy to get a collection of sundry hose connectors (I got a couple of sets from a Pound Shop) as it's handy to be able to help people if they've lost their adapters or their hose is too short.

This is true- I've got four or five in my kitchen drawer, as I keep losing them; and it's good to be able to help other people.

I think you are talking about the type that comes in a pillar type post, with a drop down flap, covering a valve that directs water to one or the other ?

Whilst fairly prevalent in some areas, other places you'll not see them at all, and it's possible to travel many, many miles and only see the screw on type.

The type of adaptor already shown, with two thread sizes, is a very good option, although virtually all taps I have used for years have used the same thread size, (without the adaptor, IIRC).

I would say that I don't think you'll find anywhere geared up to "push on" only, but there always seem to be exceptions to any rule on BW.

We were genuinely surprised that the Lee still has water points where you appear to only realistically be able to use them if hogging a lock. Very commonplace elsewhere many years ago, but something I would have expected to see phased out in most places where there is any significant traffic.

You forgot to mention that it also directs water on to your foot as well! :lol:

I appreciate that this may well be a daft question ... but ... have you actually got a hose yet? I've found one of these http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-reel...-reel-2414.html invaluable as it's just nice and simple to unreel, rewind, and store.

A length of 'loose' hose is handy, too. Can act as an extension, or you can lop bits off to use when you find an elsan point that doesn't have a handy rinsing hose.

I appreciate that this may well be a daft question ... but ... have you actually got a hose yet? I've found one of these http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-reel...-reel-2414.html invaluable as it's just nice and simple to unreel, rewind, and store.

A length of 'loose' hose is handy, too. Can act as an extension, or you can lop bits off to use when you find an elsan point that doesn't have a handy rinsing hose.

Yes I have a hose but I like your ideas

Thanks for the link.

Whilst I have not travelled on every waterway, I have boated across much of the country and have only ever found it neccessary to have a 3/4" tap connector on the hose. Where there are two taps, there has sometimes been two types of connector, but one of them as always been the 3/4" screw thread.

Edited by David Schweizer