Canal Matches

Featured Posts

You really do talk a lot of twadle Paul. I used to manage Angling classes for Young People, through the Bathampton Angling club, and in my experience, there is no way a "newbie angler", angling on BW waters, cannot know the rules.

As far as I am, aware, no BW Canal Water is available for public fishing, all of it being controlled by individual Angling clubs. Those clubs are required as part of their agreement with BW, to make the BW rules known to their members. This used to be done by publishing those rules in the membership handbooks. One of those rules is that no Angler should set up within 15 metres (if I remember correctly) of a moving object. Lock landings are nearly always immediatley adjacent to the lock, which is a moving object, and is therefore out of bounds for angling.

It really is not that difficult, assuming that you can be bothered to read the rules.

I have just checked the BW rules, and the distance from moving objects is 25 metres (more than I remembered) 15 metres is the recommended distance from boats.

See here (The blue section headed "Anglers") :- http://www.waterscape.com/media/documents/...s_code_2005.pdf

Edited by David Schweizer

You really do talk a lot of twadle Paul. I used to manage Angling classes for Young People, through the Bathampton Angling club, and in my experience, there is no way a "newbie angler", angling on BW waters, cannot know the rules.

As far as I am, aware, no BW Canal Water is available for public fishing, all of it being controlled by individual Angling clubs. Those clubs are required as part of their agreement with BW, to make the BW rules known to their members. This used to be done by publishing those rules in the membership handbooks. One of those rules is that no Angler should set up within 15 metres (if I remember correctly) of a moving object. Lock landings are nearly always immediatley adjacent to the lock, which is a moving object, and is therefore out of bounds for angling.

It really is not that difficult, assuming that you can be bothered to read the rules.

:lol: Pompous Twat :lol:

Well done for helping the youth start to fish, but you should understand that Bathhampton is not the centre of the world :lol: , I've checked two of my permits (because these two are mostly K&A canal based), one says specifically no fishing in locks and the other says fish from the towpath only. I too have been involved in youth fishing projects but in my experience we only manage to guide very few of the potential newbys on the cut. Very few canal stretches I frequent are ever bailiffed, so I am unsure of how you think all new anglers are going to be aware or how you would know that "no way a "newbie angler", angling on BW waters, cannot know the rules "

Paul

Paul

Chill out.

Go fishing to relax.

Stop getting wound up.

Enjoy.

Very chilled thanks :lol:

And I am enjoying it, unfortunately still got the curse of work with me so fishing is out of the question till the weekend, but I am looking forward to it :lol:

Shep