Have I really lost it?

Serendipity

26 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, you've lost it

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

When we bought our boat several years ago, it came fully equipped to cruise. Fortunately all of the crocks, cookware, and cutlery were to our taste, albeit chosen for us, a bit like going to a rental cottage. The only things we bought were bedding and towel sets which again are kept unique to the boat.

Couple of weeks ago the Missus replaced all our mugs at home, and being as I don't like waste, I said we'd take the few decent ones from the old set to the boat. As soon as I saw them out on the side it jarred. I said they'd have to go as they reminded me of home, and the boat's the boat, home is home. At that point I was told I'd lost the plot - have I?

When we bought our boat several years ago, it came fully equipped to cruise. Fortunately all of the crocks, cookware, and cutlery were to our taste, albeit chosen for us, a bit like going to a rental cottage. The only things we bought were bedding and towel sets which again are kept unique to the boat.

Couple of weeks ago the Missus replaced all our mugs at home, and being as I don't like waste, I said we'd take the few decent ones from the old set to the boat. As soon as I saw them out on the side it jarred. I said they'd have to go as they reminded me of home, and the boat's the boat, home is home. At that point I was told I'd lost the plot - have I?

Yes most certainly so. A mug is a vessel for drinking tea the fact that it might have a flowery pattern or something on the outside is purely incidental. I dunno call yourself a bloke?

The only drinking vessel we should be worried about is the one our beer comes in ie sleeve or mug? :lol:

Edited by churchward

hi we keep home home and boat fun .so be it . bob

In my caravaning days we had 'special ' mugs for the van. Now that it has gone, my mother still has the mugs and I always think of our weekends away in the Caravan whenever I use one. It's a nice reminder.

I think OP is spot on.

Everything on Lionheart is about practicality. The plates, bowls and mugs are enameled tin. Wine glasses are plastic. Wine is red (no cooling required), tea is Tetley's etc

If I want Earl grey in a china cup or chilled white in a glass I'll go home.

Gibbo

The boat's your escape. I can understand the want to keep them different.

No definitely not lost it - merely in good company. I did it the opposite way and having spent months buying everything for the boat, I discovered I was being relocated to a different country (moving off the boat) so I had to go out and buy everything all again - and very different to what I had bought before!

Accidentally I brought some tea-towels with me and it made me home/boat sick! Didn't stop me using them though - not that sentimental!!

I find keeping everything different makes it more fun when we go to the boat.

It's already in a different place but having a different set of CDs and DVDs, different clothes etc makes it more exctiing when we do go to the boat.

Gibbo

I find keeping everything different makes it more fun when we go to the boat.

I was going to say I hope it doesn't apply to wife or partner. :lol:

But then I remembered your post earlier about the shower, so perhaps we should leave the subect alone. :lol:

But then I remembered your post earlier about the shower, so perhaps we should leave the subect alone. :lol:

:lol:

I sat there looking at the screen with a very puzzled look on my face until it clicked about Mrs W.

Gibbo

Well it's 50/50 then, but most who have posted a reply have said keep it different. BSP and Gibbo's comments have been nearest the mark for me, and like Gibbo I too have very different music on the boat also. It's like a lifestyle change when I'm there.

Having worked from home for the last fifteen years, albeit in what I regard as a nice home and environment, sometimes it is difficult to flip from work mode to home mode, even at weekends. Maybe that's why the boat is extra special to me, every weekend spent on it is precious, and vive la difference.