New Marina to open at Linslade

bramley

Featured Posts

Not sure if anybody knows anything, but i drink down the Grove Lock fairly often and to my suprise a sign has gone up to the land next to it.

A new marina to be opened soon at that location.

It was a suprise to me, looking at the size of the land it could be quite a big marina, heres wishing i had a boat to put in it lol..

just thought i would let you all know

Ross

Not sure if anybody knows anything, but i drink down the Grove Lock fairly often and to my suprise a sign has gone up to the land next to it.

It was a suprise to me, looking at the size of the land it could be quite a big marina, heres wishing i had a boat to put in it lol..

Ross

There seem to be lots of them about! We saw loads of lines of polythene dividing up fields on the Leicester Arm, A new marina there apparently. A few miles north of Crick.

Nick

Ross

Here’s an up to date list of the newly opened and planned marinas on SE waterways.

Completed marinas:

Cathiron (OX) 200 berths

Blisworth (GU) 88

Crick extension (GU) 87

Heyford Fields (GU) 110

Gayton extension (GU) 32

Marinas where planning permission has been granted:

Grove Lock (GU) 35 (start date June 2009)

Thrupp Wharf Cosgrove (GU) 60 (start date 2009)

Flint Hill Farm (GU-Leicester) 150 (start date May 2009)

Marinas where planning permission has been applied for:

Kingfisher Marina extension (GU) 25 [south Northants]

Hillmorton Wharf (OX) 170 [Rugby]

Ivinghoe (GU) 100 [AVDC]

Water Tower Farm (OX) 100 [Daventry]

Barby Lane (OX) 108. Application denied. Appeal planned. [Daventry]

[ = planning authority]

BW removes one on-line mooring for every 10 marina berths.

The following mooring sites have been closed or earmarked for closure through what BW calls “natural wastage”.

Cropedy North 7 berths

Broadmoor 16

Blisworth 3

Brinklow 2

Gunpowder Wharf (Thrupp) 2

Wormleighton 4

Brinklow 1

Hillmorton Bottom Lock 1

Ayno 1

Kilby Bridge 1

Aylesbury basin 4

Gayton 10

Do you know what happened to the planning application that was submitted to AVDC for a large marina north of Old Linslade?

Are you referring to the proposed 150 berth marina with administration building and car parking off Leighton Road, Soulbury? If so, planning permission was refused on 11/08/08.

Ross

Marinas springing up everywhere. Good thing as it keeps mooring fees competitive. Link to this one here.http://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk/news/Plan-for-canal-marina-near.3710439.jp. Wish I knew how to make this in blue so as to be able to click on it !!

Marinas springing up everywhere. Good thing as it keeps mooring fees competitive. Link to this one here.http://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk/news/Plan-for-canal-marina-near.3710439.jp. Wish I knew how to make this in blue so as to be able to click on it !!

You mean like this http://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk/new...near.3710439.jp

Copy the link from the address bar, high light the link in the post, left click and drag, release, go to little boxes above b, i, u etc. and choose rte-link-button.png, left click. then paste the link address in the pop up box.

Edited by bottle