Renaming

Gibbo

Featured Posts

When I joined the RN in 1969 there was a class of Frigate called the Leander Class.

<snip>

the one I was on was Euryalus, good name I thought until I researched the name and found that Euryalus was a Gay God.

A hero rather than a god, if I read the myth right... almost as high status but a hero wasn't immortal (I think that's about the only clue).

Sword in one hand the other on hip.

Hmmm... in ancient Greek thought it was too much contact with women that made a man effeminate, so a married man was far more likely to be thus affected than one who loved another man.

Remind me to tell you about the Theban Band sometime.

(Speaking of the Sacred Band of Thebes)

Wiped out by Alexander the Great's hairy arsed heterosexuals, iirc, so that particular battle strategy was found to be flawed.

More that their task was to delay Alexander's overwhelmingly stronger force, a rearguard action that could only have one outcome (but allowed the rest of the Theban forces to escape).

It would be going a *long* way off topic to mention Alexander's preferences, of course.

business i.e.your secratery says he is away on................ without lying

Smart business-

allows the same as above

Money box

Smart "n" narrow

Two lous letrec

Smart narrow gauge

Edited by Steve3

Right............

Some of the traditionalists have actually made me think twice about renaming Lionheart No 2 but there were some very good (and funny) suggestions so, following a few PMs about what to do, I've decided I'm going to shortlist 5 of my favourites then my kids are going to pull one out of a hat.

I will select 5 and video the "hat pulling" so you know it's genuine unless anyone here has a better idea for selecting one from a shortlist?

Gibbo