chilli

mikevye

Featured Posts

Rather than go to all the hassle of making your chilli sauce up use this recipe

500 grams of steak mince (sainsbos 2 for a £5ver)

1 packet of El Paso chilli powder

1 largish onion

3 large flat mushrooms

1 oxo cube

1 tin of peeled plum tomatoes (aldi 33p)

1 bottle of wine

Take large frying pan add small amount of oil to prevent sticking put mince in pan over low heat and crumble in oxo cube continually stirring until mince is brown don't overcook! Tilt pan to one side to allow all liquid deposits to drain off and soak gunky juices up with absorbent towel. If you try conventional draining it just goes back into the mince! Spread Chilli powder over mince and stir until completely absorbed. Dice onions stir in, add tomatoes stir in then finally add thinly sliced mushrooms.

Put on a low heat with cover over pan stirring occasionally until cooked, drink the bottle of wine while your waiting. Serve with rice or whatever, if you leave chilli for 24hrs it tastes much nicer!

And a nice dollop of soured cream on top :lol:

No need, already in the "Old El Paso" packet! :lol:

OH NO! not the old dollop of sour cream trick! In answer to the where's the kidney beans we don't like them they have the texture of cardboard and probably taste very similar.

OH NO! not the old dollop of sour cream trick! In answer to the where's the kidney beans we don't like them they have the texture of cardboard and probably taste very similar.

1st mate recently confessed that she didn't like kidney beans. When I questioned why on earth she insisted on me including them, she seemed to be under the impression that you must have kidney beans in a chilli or Quetzlcoatl will descend on you in all his wrath for traducing a time-honoured tradition. Or something, I may have stopped listening by then. Anyway, we chuck a tin of haricot beans in now, and it's much nicer.

Does anyone know how long it would take an angry aztec deity to cross the Atlantic? Because he hasn't arrived yet.

I have tried many ways. The one I find best is the http://www.schwartz.co.uk/productdetail.cfm?id=5013 it is as simple as could be and gives great results. The only extra I ad is a couple of Oxo cubes.

Biggles

Hi biggles very little difference in the two recipes the principal being to add a satchet of Chilli to cheat instead of other methods. The subtle difference between the two is to add water to yours which effectively does nothing for the taste and the need to add large flat mushrooms to mine which provide the moisture and enhance the taste. Button mushrooms do not have the moisture content and should not be used.

Being quite new to living aboard I found it a little bit of a shock to find that doing my weekly shop at the local supermarket was unrealisic at best!!! it's amazing to find how much you don't really need if you have nowere to store it! So as we live quite near to a branch of Sainsburys I have found the their feed you family for a fiver cards a god send as they are cheap, have few ingredents and best of are mostly one pot cooking---so even better less washng up!!

Does any one out there have any suggestions for recipes that can be cooked on the move, on the top of my deseil stove that can be left with out any danger for long periods of time?---apart from the usual stews/curries etc? Any new ideas would be greatfully recieved!! :lol:

Being quite new to living aboard I found it a little bit of a shock to find that doing my weekly shop at the local supermarket was unrealisic at best!!! it's amazing to find how much you don't really need if you have nowere to store it! So as we live quite near to a branch of Sainsburys I have found the their feed you family for a fiver cards a god send as they are cheap, have few ingredents and best of are mostly one pot cooking---so even better less washng up!!

Does any one out there have any suggestions for recipes that can be cooked on the move, on the top of my deseil stove that can be left with out any danger for long periods of time?---apart from the usual stews/curries etc? Any new ideas would be greatfully recieved!! :lol:

heres one to be going on with

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/lofiversi...php?t18281.html 201.gif