Live Chat.....

Marc Harris

Featured Posts

Well it's still working, so if anybody fancies a tea break chat around 10.30 see you there.

http://www.canalworldchat.canalboatbits.co.uk/

Gary,

Is there a way for you to point that Java client at the same IRC server? Seems a shame to have a split chat, where some can't work out how to use IRC, and some can't use a java client.

For those that want a java access to the IRC side:

Click Here, then where it says Applet version, put fr3ak.is-a-geek.com in the server box, and #cwdf in the channel box, click Connect and you are in! :lol:

There's 3 of us on at the moment, 2 bored at work, and one retired!

marc.

Gary,

Is there a way for you to point that Java client at the same IRC server? Seems a shame to have a split chat, where some can't work out how to use IRC, and some can't use a java client.

For those that want a java access to the IRC side:

Click Here, then where it says Applet version, put fr3ak.is-a-geek.com in the server box, and #cwdf in the channel box, click Connect and you are in! :lol:

There's 3 of us on at the moment, 2 bored at work, and one retired!

marc.

I doubt it will be able to do that it uses a free very crippled version of a commercial package that like most is only going to friendly to the common browsers.

I will have more of a nosey into how it works though just in case later.

Edited by Gary Peacock

It doesn't look like I will be able to link it into the IRC based chat room unfortunately but quite a few folk have had a mess with it today so I have tidied it up and added some basic instructions.

Besides talking in the chat room it also supports private real time chat by right clicking on a members name and select Instant Message.

So don't be shy log on and have a chat! :lol:

http://www.canalworldchat.canalboatbits.co.uk/

Would that be the same English language that contains the word 'you', complete with a 'y' and an 'o' to keep the u company? :lol:

:lol: There r Know flies on u r there

Sorry, those instructions were just a quick test to see if people could connect, and see if the site crew were happy with the chat idea being there.

Having spoken to Liam, i'll post up some easy to follow instructions so everyone can get in and chat,

Has been a blast today, with Me, Grahoom, Ally, Liam, and Janet having a chat. I think there was a nbtafelberg too at one point?

Will chat more with Liam, and get this thing running..... Virtual Banter anyone??!?!??! :lol:

Marc.

:lol: Cheers Marc look forward to it...........I hope I can work out what to do tho !!!

Looking good....

[20:05] *** Cancelled connect

-*-

[20:06] *** Connecting to fr3ak.is-a-geek.com (6667)

-*-

[20:06] *** Connection attempt timed out

-*-

[20:06] *** Connect retry #1 fr3ak.is-a-geek.com (6667)

-*-

[20:06] *** Connection attempt timed out

-*-

[20:06] *** Connect retry #2 fr3ak.is-a-geek.com (6667)

-*-

[20:07] *** Cancelled connect

Edit

Sorted now.

Edited by fuzzyduck

The chat room idea is fine if you are any good at typing, but I found myself responding to questions way up the page because of my slowness.

What would be great but probably impossible to set up, would be an audio chat facility like skype where we could actually have a group talk rather than lines of typing.

Roger

• 1 month later...

still cannot get on the chat..all I get is

"You are an undefined string"

with a programmer in the back cabin and two down the tow path you would have thought they could sort it out :lol:

Monday dinner....MUSHROOM and Prawn omelette

still cannot get on the chat..all I get is

"You are an undefined string"

with a programmer in the back cabin and two down the tow path you would have thought they could sort it out :lol:

Monday dinner....MUSHROOM and Prawn omelette

Heehee, you meany!!!! Took him a while to sort it out for me too! You changed the server to the kickass one?

Bonnie