Microlight crash at Little Haywood

JohnEW2912

Featured Posts

Upon reading the opening post in this thread (and before going to visit the link supplied by bottle a short time later) my initial thoughts were along the lines of good grief - microlite coming down on cables and a railway track - that is a horrible accident and if anyone survived it then it is nothing short of a miracle.

Then Troll attempts a joke....

I appreciate and accept your apology Troll and I am pleased that you can accept that perhaps your comment was badly timed. You repeatedly say in your posts that "you do not care" if people are getting at you.

Perhaps if you were to show a little more care then they would not.

I will not be drawn to respond any further on the matter. I have made my point and your apology is accepted.

My thoughts are with the families who's hopes and dreams for a new year have been shattered today.

Ah ha back for another pop are you?

The highlighted bits in your post are simply facts :lol:

and I actually said "and I dont actually care if you, or anybody else takes a likeing to me or not, thank you" ."Getting at me is a little different" dont you think? You really must read more carefully before sticking the knife in. I did say you were welcome to pick on me, I also said I can take it, But Not that I liked it.

You have chosen to follow the flock like a little lost sheep.

Seems some just can not understand forums, and that other members may have different views. (although I have said that mine ARE the same on this subject) you still insist your grief is far superior to mine.

Do you know what? I shant sleep another wink now. :lol:

I too will leave this subject to you all, to grieve in piece

Happy New Year

Edited by Troll

wise man once said...

In the ongoing battle between planes and the ground, the ground has yet to lose.

tragic lose of life. but, unfortunately, flying is a risky business. anyone taking control of a flying machine who does not believe this has no business flying in the first place.

strange how complete strangers feel the need to grieve openly and public, and at the same time fire a broadside to anyone not towing the line.

happy new year troll

Edited out as I simply can't be bothered to waste my time getting into an online argument with a total ignoranus.

I was going to pick you up on your spelling of ignoranus, but on thinking about it, I suspect it was deliberate, wasn't it! :lol:

A railway prospective:

Yesterday afternoon, I was asked to go to Colwich Jn to help take an emergency possession of the line as wires were down, on route I heard on the news it was due to a light aircraft crash with at least one fatality, since then of course we have all learned it was two deaths. I was blocking the line from Rugeley to Whithouse Junction and the crash was actually between Milford Jn and Colwich Jn.

A train was still in Rugeley station and the driver told me he had just pulled away from the station when he lost power. Luckily the back of the train was still within platform limits and the pasengers were able to be taken off.

We have now got the West Coast Main Line (Trent Valley lines) blocked but no repair work will start until SOCO have finished, it is still a crime scene. I was due to block the line tonight (Sat) Atherstone to Stafford for the usual Sat night engineering works so the overhead line and damage to the rails repair work will take place (and take priority) within tonight's possession. The repair will not take ling once we are allowed to get on it. The planned possession was due to be given back at 0900 Sun so hopefully we will have the lines back by then.

I have noticed while out on track how close the canal runs to the West Coast Main Line, so if any of you see a man dressed head to toe in orange gazing admiringly at your boat please don't be alarmed.

Just read on the BBC news site it may be three dead. :-(

A railway prospective:

Yesterday afternoon, I was asked to go to Colwich Jn to help take an emergency possession of the line as wires were down, on route I heard on the news it was due to a light aircraft crash with at least one fatality, since then of course we have all learned it was two deaths. I was blocking the line from Rugeley to Whithouse Junction and the crash was actually between Milford Jn and Colwich Jn.

A train was still in Rugeley station and the driver told me he had just pulled away from the station when he lost power. Luckily the back of the train was still within platform limits and the pasengers were able to be taken off.

We have now got the West Coast Main Line (Trent Valley lines) blocked but no repair work will start until SOCO have finished, it is still a crime scene. I was due to block the line tonight (Sat) Atherstone to Stafford for the usual Sat night engineering works so the overhead line and damage to the rails repair work will take place (and take priority) within tonight's possession. The repair will not take ling once we are allowed to get on it. The planned possession was due to be given back at 0900 Sun so hopefully we will have the lines back by then.

I have noticed while out on track how close the canal runs to the West Coast Main Line, so if any of you see a man dressed head to toe in orange gazing admiringly at your boat please don't be alarmed.

Just read on the BBC news site it may be three dead. :-(

Thank you for that. I'm intrigued as to why it should be considered a crime scene. Do you know why the police are doing so? Or is it merely a formality for any air crash to be so treated?

Thank you for that. I'm intrigued as to why it should be considered a crime scene. Do you know why the police are doing so? Or is it merely a formality for any air crash to be so treated?

The fact that 'they' seemed to know (or say) so little about the plane or its occupants makes you wonder....

Tim

I think it's common practice now, they did the same with the Paddington rail crash and the like. Once they know who to blame and send the bill to, it's done and dusted. This is only my opinion of course.

Any accident where there has been a fatality will be considered a crime scene. Once all the forensics have been gathered, the site will then be opened again.

This this also the case in road accidents where there are fatalities - this is why the roads are often closed for "hours" after the accident.

The police will not rule out foul play until they have examined the scene thoroughly; rather than presume that it was an accident and only find out later through enquires that there might have been foul play.

NOTE: I am in no way suggesting that there is foul play in this accident, merely providing background as to why it is considered a crime scene.

strange how complete strangers feel the need to grieve openly and public

Without joining the "Troll versus others" argument, I think what you are referring to is known as "recreational grieving".

Thanks to Dyad for the informative post below.

Edited by andywatson

Without joining the "Troll versus others" argument, I think what you are referring to is known as "recreational grieving".

Or possibly the "Princess Diana" effect?

This was what Boris Johnson was talking about in relation to Liverpool, when afterwards, "public opinion" forced him to apologise.

Quote “Moley”

Edited out as I simply can't be bothered to waste my time getting into an online argument with a total ignoranus.

Hi Im a new member been lurking for ages, and have been put off posting before precisely because of this name calling and arguing game that some of you like to play.

I think most of you only say what you think is acceptable, not what you really think.

You just want to look good and fit in, Ive never seen a forum like it, every one of the same views, your making it boring. Not like the “Real” boaters near me.

I have never seen Troll call anyone names, and no one dare stick up for him/her for fear of also being an outcast and next on the list of targets, you should all look at your behaviour, Happy New year Troll.

You just want to look good and fit in, Ive never seen a forum like it, every one of the same views, your making it boring.

Have you been lurking somewhere else and accidentally registered here?

Most of the other canal forums slag this one off for being too argumentative!

I think most of you only say what you think is acceptable, not what you really think.

You just want to look good and fit in, Ive never seen a forum like it, every one of the same views, your making it boring. Not like the “Real” boaters near me.

I have never seen Troll call anyone names, and no one dare stick up for him/her for fear of also being an outcast and next on the list of targets, you should all look at your behaviour, Happy New year Troll.

Trolls comments were probably a bit light hearted and some would say in poor taste, but personally, I'd go along with most of your comments. By all means sympathise with what is clearly a tragedy, but any actual grieving should be limited to the family or close friends of the people who have died, grieving for strangers is plainly ridiculous.

If we did that we would all be upset everyday. :lol::lol:

I dont think anyone is 'grieving# for strangers we have merely expressed our thoughts to the families of those who have died in this accident. Empathy, sympathy call it what you will it doesnt make us wrong or you right or vice versa, but someone making a joke of the situation is going to attract criticism anywhere not just on this forum.

a lot of good and some not so good points posted on this topic, but as it started as as a discussion on a tragic air crash, why are some people bickering over different views and opinions??

lets leave the General Boating forum to just that and if we fancy having a bitch and a banter about each others views then lets do it in the Virtual Pub!!

i have my own personal opinions on this and other topics and until i feel that they are realevant to be aired then i will not post them perhaps others should think "is this realevant"??

rant over

Nik

Sorry Ive had to come back to try and make it even clearer,

I`d had a few drinks ok and hadnt seen the link about deaths, must have been posting at the same time, it wont let me delete it.

Why are you all so vindictive?

I AM SORRY

and I dont expect any back up off anyone thanks,

Edited by Troll

Troll

i dont have any issues with you and my post was not aimed at you in any way at all

i was simply saying that sometimes posts go way away from the original topic.

i agree with a lot of things you say but i also disagree with some things you say i guess that is the whole thing about a forum, everyone has there right of speech, i do however think that it sholud be kept to the realevant rooms etc

please dont take it as me jumping on the bandwagon as i am not

Nik

Troll

i dont have any issues with you and my post was not aimed at you in any way at all

i was simply saying that sometimes posts go way away from the original topic.

i agree with a lot of things you say but i also disagree with some things you say i guess that is the whole thing about a forum, everyone has there right of speech, i do however think that it sholud be kept to the realevant rooms etc

please dont take it as me jumping on the bandwagon as i am not

Nik

Thanks Kienik

So you can see as well as I can that there is a band wagon?

To try and get this back on topic -

I see from Nigel Carton's post on the stoppage thread that the canal is now open again which is great news for anyone who was delayed I suspect that if any engineering repairs had been required to the canal following the tragic accident they would not have been completed anywhere near as quickly as those to the railway have been carried out.

I also hear that the railway line has been reopened so it should mean it will not affect people off back to work tomorrow. It is a blessing that this nasty incident was not a great deal worse.

I have refrained from posting on this thread but I feel I must and yes Troll, I am a close friend of Cheshire Rose.

I frequent several aircraft forums (fora?) and I remember a particular fatality where an aircraft crashed and the relatives learnt of the event on a public forum before the police could contact them.

In the case of this accident a search on google could have come up with Canalworld. It is often high in google searches.

I would not like my relatives to learn of my demise in a situation where flippancy was the immediate reaction.

I know that this forum has a considerable amount of tact and decency from people of all kinds.

This was amply demonstrated by the response displayed when the circumstances of a recent incident were explained (p.m. me if you need to know more)

I sincerely hope this will continue.

I have refrained from posting on this thread but I feel I must and yes Troll, I am a close friend of Cheshire Rose.

I frequent several aircraft forums (fora?) and I remember a particular fatality where an aircraft crashed and the relatives learnt of the event on a public forum before the police could contact them.

In the case of this accident a search on google could have come up with Canalworld. It is often high in google searches.

I would not like my relatives to learn of my demise in a situation where flippancy was the immediate reaction.

I know that this forum has a considerable amount of tact and decency from people of all kinds.

This was amply demonstrated by the response displayed when the circumstances of a recent incident were explained (p.m. me if you need to know more)

I sincerely hope this will continue.

For gods sake give him/her a break will you what the hell more do you want him to say? get off the computor and step into the real world

For gods sake give him/her a break will you what the hell more do you want him to say? get off the computor and step into the real world

So nobody is allowed to comment, if they think a post is in poor taste?

Troll has been around (in one form or another) long enough to demonstrate her thick skin and ability to give as good as she gets.

I don't want him/her to say anything. I was posting my opinion and expressing what I see as one of the values of this friendly waterways community.

Edited by Postcode