credit crunched boaters

djangobole

Featured Posts

You would pay tax and ni on around £7000 only you forgot the tax allowance code, whatever that is these days around the £5000 touch i think.

Didn't forget it :lol: on average I paid in deductions 25% what I did forget was the extras taken out of my wages for union and pension. :lol:

it works out as the following (after PAYE and NI)

Yearly

£10,087.60

Monthy

£840.63

Weekly

£193.99

Daily

£38.80

Thank you 'Grahoom' I was out by £20 a week (roughly), £20 a week is a lot though.

"You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down the mill fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, and when we would go home, dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt."

Sorrry......couldn't resist.

Plus ca change....... :lol:

plus c'est la même chose

Biensur.

Does anyone else think that the phrase "credit crunch" - which I think the Americans invented because they didn't want to say "recession", is stupid? (Along the lines of "friendly fire", meaning, we just killed a load of our allies by mistake). Sounds like a frigging breakfast cereal.

Recession means a shrinking economy, Credit Crunch means an inability to borrow money. The two are not synonymous, right now they just happen to be occurring at the same time. Previous recessions have not had this bank lending problem running in tandem.

Recession means a shrinking economy, Credit Crunch means an inability to borrow money. The two are not synonymous, right now they just happen to be occurring at the same time. Previous recessions have not had this bank lending problem running in tandem.

But, he responded, sharpening his sword of sophistry, if you have a "credit crunch" you will surely have a recession. As sure as eggs is eggs.

Still sounds like a breakfast cereal though.......

...with the eggs to follow, no doubt!

I believe that the current personal tax-free allowance is just over £6,000 p.a. - so your first £120 a week, give or take a quid, is Brown- and Darling-proof, until of course you take your money and buy something with it. :lol:

I believe that the current personal tax-free allowance is just over £6,000 p.a. - so your first £120 a week, give or take a quid, is Brown- and Darling-proof, until of course you take your money and buy something with it. :lol:

My gross weekly wage is £114.60. I pay tax and NI on that, unfortunately, bringing my pay down to £113.74.

"You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down the mill fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, and when we would go home, dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt."

tell that to the youth of today and they Don't BELIEVE you.

you lucky lucky barsteward 6 of us used to live in a shoe box in the middle of the M1 staple diet of squashed hedgehog and crow :lol: