Sunken boat at bulls bridge

john the duck

Featured Posts

Does anyone know who ownes this boat as i would like to make them a offer for salvage.

sunken boat

sunken boat 2

PM me but the insurance company should be recovering it very soon. However, I do not think that this would make a suitable craft for what you are planning without serious amounts of money being spent on it which would make the payback on your business rather longer than you had hoped. Also, the boat comes without a mooring.

D

It was also someone's boat, and whatever your views on whether it meets your aesthetic standards, having your boat sink, or be damaged in anyway is a pretty traumatic event.

If it had been closer I would have offered my assistance, and pumps, to refloat the boat.

I certainly won't be making jokes about someone's boat being ruined.

....................and that the piccys were taken this weekend

Hmm,

I'm not convinced there was a sunk boat there as recently as last Tuesday, so perhaps it has gone down very recently.

Either that, or I'm not very good at noticing what I go past.

If anyone is looking for a cheap project, there are several boats on the Paddington arm in fairly run down state, some of which actually have a mobile phone number for enquiries on them.

The ones I saw looked like considerable work would be required, but often had a decent looking hull with not bad lines.

Could be worth a walk along the arm for anybody who is looking.

Alan

Edited by alan_fincher

Hmm,

I'm not convinced there was a sunk boat there as recently as last Tuesday, so perhaps it has gone down very recently.

Either that, or I'm not very good at noticing what I go past.

If anyone is looking for a cheap project, there are several boats on the Paddington arm in fairly run down state, some of which actually have a mobile phone number for enquiries on them.

The ones I saw looked like considerable work would be required, but often had a decent looking hull with not bad lines.

Could be worth a walk along the arm for anybody who is looking.

Alan

I came through there last Tues and again on Friday and didnt see it either.... Amazing what you can miss wjen your having fun !

Pound to a penny it isn't insured!!

More conclusion jumping crap!

PM me but the insurance company should be recovering it very soon. However, I do not think that this would make a suitable craft for what you are planning without serious amounts of money being spent on it which would make the payback on your business rather longer than you had hoped. Also, the boat comes without a mooring.

D

Edited by carlt

The lilac / purple colour is similar to the boat torched on a recent episode of 'Frost', although I'm sure that was a wide boat, and anyway, surely they won't REALLY have burnt a boat for the sake of 10 seconds of TV.

After all the actress inside wasn't REALLY murdered either.

this boat belonged to a young lady and it was her home ever thing she had was in there aparentley she came back and found it ablaze with the fire brigade hosing the boat from opposite side of the bank just near tesco she spoke to my friend who is a taxi driver to take her into london by the way she was very destressed ps she had no insurance forms with her

all i know is that i had noticed this boat quite a few times because i pass the bulls bridge maybe three or 4 times a month. She has been in the same location since late summer and looked like she had been abandoned although she seemed in good condition on the outside. I could not understand why she had not got any patrol notices. So prehaps she had broken down ect.

Very articulate!!

At least I bothered to read the whole thread!

Debbifiggy (who works for BW) clearly said that the insurance company were recovering the boat.

You jumped to a negative conclusion even though offered the facts.

Very clever!

Someone's home was destroyed by fire and morons like you make judgements and unfounded assumptions.

Articulate enough for you?

Edited by carlt

Thanks for that carlt, now I've remembered why I rarely bother to post on this forum

Carl's response might have been a bit abrupt, but to be fair, if you had read the thread before posting, it had been made clear already that the boat was insured.

We can all manage to make some duff posts, but when leaping in with an assumption, it's worth checking first that something hasn't already been said to the contrary, surely ?