Ricky this weekend?

nbtafelberg

Featured Posts

Chris is the Cat disabled or the Owner?

The CAT !!!

beggars belief sometimes....

Oh and they tated their bost cannot be moored wthin 3 boat lengths of anybody who has a dog as it could infringe on their animals

FREEDOM OF SPACE

Sometime I wonder if we are organising a festival or an animal rehabilitation center or just a mooring for the vaguly bewildered for a weekend

At least we dont get this on the working bot moorings !!

Chris

The CAT !!!

beggars belief sometimes....

Oh and they tated their bost cannot be moored wthin 3 boat lengths of anybody who has a dog as it could infringe on their animals

Sometime I wonder if we are organising a festival or an animal rehabilitation center or just a mooring for the vaguly bewildered for a weekend

At least we dont get this on the working bot moorings !!

Chris

nah, you don't have a choice with the working boats! lol

Chris Gray!

Rofl thats rediculous. Chris you should invite them to come back a week later when the can moor where they like.

They have probably been on the 14 day moorings since last years festival :wub:

They have probably been on the 14 day moorings since last years festival :D

Yes - Cowley is collecting more new boats who are coming to "stay". So I suspect I'll be staying up in Uxbridge when we return from Ricky if there is no space left.

is there any space left for a 60ft'er Will set off this morin if affirmative

Contact Chris Bennet - I think there is space because the disabled cat won't be coming.

is there any space left for a 60ft'er Will set off this morin if affirmative

I was moored between Stokers lock and Batchworth 2 nights ago and got a notice on the boat telling me to move before Thursday (today). It also said there are still spaces available for £20. Sorry I chucked the notice away so I don't have the phone number. I'm up at the Grove (Watford) now. I prefer to be somewhere quiet & didn't really fancy my boat being stuck at Ricky for the whole weekend, but I might cycle back down for a beer.

I was moored between Stokers lock and Batchworth 2 nights ago and got a notice on the boat telling me to move before Thursday (today). It also said there are still spaces available for £20. Sorry I chucked the notice away so I don't have the phone number. I'm up at the Grove (Watford) now. I prefer to be somewhere quiet & didn't really fancy my boat being stuck at Ricky for the whole weekend, but I might cycle back down for a beer.

Catch me for a Beer if you come down Mike, ask at the boaters information tent to find me

btw it was me who put the letter on the boat ,I knocked to see if you were in and have a chat first

Chris

I wondered what that big black thing was opposite Tesco, but you haddn't chirped up so i didn't make time to go look...... B)

Thinking of somewhere quiet - where will you be on Monday???? nowhere between Rikki and Tring is going to be 'quiet' starting probably about 4am from Rikki knowing some of them..... :D

Chris, i'm afraid no working boats with dogs are allowed now as the personal space of the three cats allready there will be infringed :D and not all the paw prints on the Roger are our fault either...

simon.

How far up the GU are you going?

J

I wondered what that big black thing was opposite Tesco, but you haddn't chirped up so i didn't make time to go look...... :D

Thinking of somewhere quiet - where will you be on Monday???? nowhere between Rikki and Tring is going to be 'quiet' starting probably about 4am from Rikki knowing some of them..... :D

I don't mind passing boats - at least the occupants are likely to be reasonable. It's the drunk (and stoned) towpath pedestrians at 3am that I was trying to avoid.

How far up the GU are you going?

J

Probably just as far as the Tring summit. Are you around Hemel?

I wondered what that big black thing was opposite Tesco, but you haddn't chirped up so i didn't make time to go look...... B)

Chris, i'm afraid no working boats with dogs are allowed now as the personal space of the three cats allready there will be infringed :D and not all the paw prints on the Roger are our fault either...

simon.

But your cats are in fact causing disharmony with the resident spiders on Roger..Spiders have right you know

Roll on the weekend all the fun and games....09.00 thurs nd I need a scotch already

Chris

Chris sympathise when trying to run events that you do get the "special cases" and whilst I think most of us do have a great sympathy for those that do require improved access/assistance, certain events locations cant reasonably be expected ( especially for the fee charged) to provide for every one....

I have "improved" gang plank now - good crack accross one third now,, any diseenters are welcome to walk the plank to the far side...

We are "en-route", chugged and hour or so last night and hopefully two tonight, to make an appearance for a small dry sherry mid evening friday...

lets hope tescos hasnt been swept dry by the early arrivals..

I spent some time there yesterday and I felt that the Festival has 'lost' its way.

The work boat display was very poor (Clover excepted) and mixed with converted boats.

Martin wins the personality off the Festival (Again!!) Aaagh Jim Lad !

Not many private boats were there either.

I understand that its survival is under threat.

I hope they can find a way to make it survive as its a good stop off before next weeks' Wendover.

Edited by bargeeboy

I spent some time there yesterday and I felt that the Festival has 'lost' its way.

The work boat display was very poor (Clover excepted) and mixed with converted boats.

Martin wins the personality off the Festival (Again!!) Aaagh Jim Lad !

Not many private boats were there either.

I understand that its survival is under threat.

I hope they can find a way to make it survive as its a good stop off before next weeks' Wendover.

I am sorry that you feel Ricky has lost its way Bargeeboy, but please let me make a few comments in return:

The Historic boat would look better if there were 8 Unconverted Motor and Butties moored bankside along that section, BUT if the owners are not prepared to bring boats to the festival then we have to make alternative arrangements. Is a “converted” historic boat that is cared for and used that the owners are prepared to spend money and time on and prepared to talk to the visitor about their boats any less “historic” that an unconverted boat that has been allowed to fall into disrepair ? Maybe next year you would like to fill those moorings?

Yes Martin was the character of Ricky again and a good job too...there used to be many more BUT they don’t seem to be around these days

Private boats this year were up on the previous three years! Along with an increase in visitor numbers so we must be doing something right in some peoples view

We need the Boaters/Traders/Visitors to keep coming to Ricky to make it all happen, the Trust is surviving but as a trust is dependant upon contribution to ensure its work can go forward

Ricky is VERY important as a boater’s festival and hopefully it will continue but this is only possible if EVERYBODY does their bit

Chris

I am sorry that you feel Ricky has lost its way Bargeeboy, but please let me make a few comments in return:

Maybe next year you would like to fill those moorings?

Chris

I'm not going to take the challange BUT watch this space !

I'm not going to take the challange BUT watch this space !

I would be pleased as punch if you did ! Those moorings full of unconverted boats is a sight that not many people get to see and always appreciate the hard work that goes into getting the boats there ... when we start planning Ricky 2009 I will ring you and ask how many of those moorings you want to fill.. an unconverted boat will take precedence on a bankside working boat mooring if Ihave my way :D

Chris