Price of diesel Llangollen

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

I know this is a subject that is often discussed what always anoys me is the difference in price from one place to another when surely all the marinas boat yards etc must be buying at the same price. Just before Christmas I filled up at Swanley Marina and going from memory I paid 0.65 p today I filled up at Roberts just before Grindley Brook and paid 0.52 p would be good if there was a way of having a main topic where boaters couild post diesel prices esp. at a time when prices are rising so quickly.

I know this is a subject that is often discussed what always anoys me is the difference in price from one place to another when surely all the marinas boat yards etc must be buying at the same price. Just before Christmas I filled up at Swanley Marina and going from memory I paid 0.65 p today I filled up at Roberts just before Grindley Brook and paid 0.52 p would be good if there was a way of having a main topic where boaters couild post diesel prices esp. at a time when prices are rising so quickly.

I'm not sure they do all get it at the same price. The benchmark rate usually seems to be the garage at Wheaton Aston on the Shroppie and if you've moored there it's noticeable that there is a pretty constant stream of vehicles picking up red, so their order quantity must be significantly greater than a marina with a little passing trade.

Mike.

I'm not sure they do all get it at the same price. The benchmark rate usually seems to be the garage at Wheaton Aston on the Shroppie and if you've moored there it's noticeable that there is a pretty constant stream of vehicles picking up red, so their order quantity must be significantly greater than a marina with a little passing trade.

Mike.

Mike Wheaton Aston was 0.51 when I filled up early November I know what you are saying about volume sales but up to 0.24p seems a big difference!!

Sawley is down to 67p now.

Me and a neighbour chipped in and bought a load straight from a suppier two weeks ago and kept it at my neighbours work. Even this cost 62p a litre.

I think we should just enjoy it while we can, in a couple of years time after derogation ends we'll all be sitting in the pub reminissing of the time it was 70p a litre!

Spoke to a farmer in the pub at Willeymoor lock last night and he is paying 0.46 plus 5% VAT for his red diesel minimum delivery 500 liters. Now my point is that if marinas are charging up to 0.70 p for red deisel about 0.20 p more then can only asume that when we change to normal diesel in November marinas will work on the same mark up ie with pump prices in the outside world now at about £1.06 marinas would charge £1.26

A friend of mine owns a marina on the southern GU and warned me that cheap diesel can be the result of a particular outlet selling you heating oil rather than true red diesel. It's still diesel but it's of inferior quality.

Chris

He's telling you porkies or he is confused, "heating oil" and "red diesel" are both Gas Oil one and the same product when bought from your local bulk supplier. There is a Low Sulpher "red diesel" almost identical to Road fuel (white diesel) just one or two of the additives missing i.e. the anti-waxing agent, Shell for one produce it, but it is not generally available and certainly not from the pump at any marina due to the higher cost and marina's etc understandable normal liking for a bigger profit margin available with Gas Oil.

david

I recall somewhere there was a helpful chap running such a site - think I got it through this firum. Not helpful as my mind is failing for proper info - does anyone else have any clues??
I recall somewhere there was a helpful chap running such a site - think I got it through this firum. Not helpful as my mind is failing for proper info - does anyone else have any clues??
Is this what we are looking for? To work it needs us to send in the updates regularly.http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk/

I've just had a look at the http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk site and as Plainsman said it won't work unless we send in regular updates.

Updates should be sent to rad56mail-diesel@yahoo.co.uk. I will send my last 2 diesel prices in and see how long it takes to update the site, it was last updated on the 3rd January 2008.

Steve