Company In Administration

Pav

Featured Posts

Hi Hobbler,

Really appreciate your kind offer.

People are being very kind and I may well take you up on your offer.

I will keep you informed of events.

Regards and again many thanks.

Pav.

No Problem - will PM you my mobile number

Hi Pav,

So sorry to here this, but thought many times during our build it was going to happen, this does effect us as well because of the promises he made to sort out our probems and also as part of the aggreement not to reject the boat, they would do the hull painting and service engine modify access to the generator, etc next February. I did advise you of the problems we had, and that he was always been asking for money for work that was not completed, this was why we went to the Crick show with leaflets to warn people, he had stopped work on our boat asking for more money. I think you will find he is not a member now of BMF or CBA. In July I informed Roger I was contacting BMF to complain and contacted them only to be told he had resigned and that there were 6 County court and one high court jugements, (he did in fact pay these off). If the contract is the same as ours, BMF advised me it was a modified one, in favour of the builder and not the purchaser. I only last week received the Builders plate for my boat.

You need to remove the boat.

David

Any advice which anyone can provide will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Pav.

The vessel in construction is clearly yours.

Go there NOW and put a sign on it stating that the boat and its contents are the property of ******************

All enquires should be made to ************

On monday inform the Administrator that you require access to remove your boat

If you are stuck for somewhere I can find hard standing at Narrowcraft Alvecote for you

I also have a crane on site next Saturday to unload 2 new boats. We have cranes every 2 weeks so putting in water will be no problem later.

Contact Tuckey (01926 812134) who could arrange to load on Friday or Saturday morning onto his lorry to bring to our yard.

Whilst I fully sympathise with your situation I like to make the point that at Narrowcraft we only require an initial payment of 10% with the balance of the new boat cost due prior to delivery.

SVBC are/were Severn Valley Boat Centre,

i feel for you Pav , this is absolutely devastating news, i have wanted to get my own boat built for a while now but every time i get the confidence to go and do it this type of situation arises.

am i wrong in thinking that 2006/2007 has seen the most boat builders go bust?

if so whats goin wrong??

Pav i hope it all works out for you .

regards

Nik

Hi Pav,

So sorry to here this, but thought many times during our build it was going to happen, this does effect us as well because of the promises he made to sort out our probems and also as part of the aggreement not to reject the boat, they would do the hull painting and service engine modify access to the generator, etc next February. I did advise you of the problems we had, and that he was always been asking for money for work that was not completed, this was why we went to the Crick show with leaflets to warn people, he had stopped work on our boat asking for more money. I think you will find he is not a member now of BMF or CBA. In July I informed Roger I was contacting BMF to complain and contacted them only to be told he had resigned and that there were 6 County court and one high court jugements, (he did in fact pay these off). If the contract is the same as ours, BMF advised me it was a modified one, in favour of the builder and not the purchaser. I only last week received the Builders plate for my boat.

You need to remove the boat.

David

You know I keep telling people that Crick isn't the place to buy a boat!

Yes there are some very good builders there but it also used by some to purely generate money be that to struggle on in business propped up by a few more deposits or for new or "phoenix" companies to generate some operating capital to have a "crack" at the boatbuilding or fitting game.

Having a boat at "Crick" only involves paying some money and having something to show I have known that include boats built by other people!

Yes go look, listen to sales pitch and enjoy the show but consider the outing to be just part of your research.

Pav

Go to the boat, take possession and then arrange a crane and low loader and move it somewhere else. A fellow boater did this a few years ago without any problems.

He lost money but he got his boat which was 90% completed.

Steve

Make sure that the stern tube is in place before getting in water.

What a nightmare for you. I hope it works out OK.

Sorry to hear about this Pav. I hope you manage to get some sort of outcome that's acceptable.

I bought my boat from the New Boat Co, whose website refers to potential insolvency. "So where do you stand should the unthinkable happen?"

It goes on to talk about the contract being based on the British Marine Federation standard which allows for retention of title by the buyer on completion of the post-steelwork staged payment. It sounds good but I can't actually find anything about company insolvency in the written contract.

http://www.thenewboat.co.uk/payment.htm

Is this something that everyone should be looking for when they look at builders, or wouldn't it mean very much in practice if the unthinkable did happen?

Edited by blackrose

The vessel in construction is clearly yours.

Go there NOW and put a sign on it stating that the boat and its contents are the property of ******************

All enquires should be made to ************

On monday inform the Administrator that you require access to remove your boat

It's not necessarily that clear cut......When this happened to a friend of mine the administrators would not take his word or invoices/documentation he held for stage payments as proof that it was ALL his property. Before release of the clearly unfinished boat they needed assurance from the boatbuilder that no further work had been completed nor materials supplied beyond the last stage payment. The boatbuilder himself had done a moonlight flit and it took private investigators to find him....

Awful situation Pav to be in, never thought this would happen to severn valley, I used their chandlery on many occasions and they were always very helpful and knowledgable, they always had a strong presence at shows. I live in Kidderminster and drive past their yard daily so if I can be of any help let me know. I went past this morning and a few people were milling around the yard. front page news in last nights express and star.

Hi Pav,

You have our best wishes in this troubled time & know the feelings you are going through.

We had those same feelings after the Heron collapse, which is now nearly two years ago.

Has Gary mentioned in his reply, feel free to contact me if you need to know how we dealt with the same situation you are in now. I have sent a PM with my contact details if you want to talk it through.

Take care,

Mick & Pauline.

Pav

Just a thought, if you are able to remove anything from site that you own and have paid for and need somewhere local to store it, I have access to storage facilities over the bridge from the boat yard in Stourport near the leisure centre, if you need help like this email me at mike "at" mnixon.fsworld.co.uk.

Best of luck

Mike

Edited by mikenixon

Pav

Just a thought, if you are able to remove anything from site that you own and have paid for and need somewhere local to store it, I have access to storage facilities over the bridge from the boat yard in Stourport near the leisure centre, if you need help like this email me at ..............

Best of luck

Mike

Great offer there to help Pav like that. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Edited by NFA

Hi Everyone

Have just spoken to Pav by phone and the boat has been moved out of the yard , he has managed to secure a temporary mooring and will be staying on board .

He will get on to the forum later but in the meantime would like everyone to know how gratefull they are for the support from forum members .

Cheers

Hobbler

Hi Everyone

Have just spoken to Pav by phone and the boat has been moved out of the yard , he has managed to secure a temporary mooring and will be staying on board .

He will get on to the forum later but in the meantime would like everyone to know how gratefull they are for the support from forum members .

Cheers

Hobbler

That's good to hear. Hope everything goes well from now on. :D

Hi Everyone

Cheers

Hobbler

Phew! Bet they'll be sleeping a bit easier now.

the boat has been moved out of the yard , he has managed to secure a temporary mooring and will be staying on board

I guess the windows are now in then, i wonder if they managed to fit the engine yet?

Edited by Scotty

Hi Everyone

Cheers

Hobbler

Thats really good news for Pav hope it continues.

Julie