BSS Info

Featured Posts

Hi all, I can't find my paperwork for my BSC. I think it's possible to find it on the interwibbly somewhere, but the boat safety scheme page seems useless. Any pointers? (I'm not a CART customer).

Martin/

1 minute ago, Onewheeler said:

Hi all, I can't find my paperwork for my BSC. I think it's possible to find it on the interwibbly somewhere, but the boat safety scheme page seems useless. Any pointers? (I'm not a CART customer).

Martin/

Speak to the examiner that did the BSS(if you know) he may have a record.  I don’t know if it’s a legal requirement for the examiner to keep the records for a certain number of years. But he’ll be your best bet to point you in the right direction to obtain the info.

1 minute ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Speak to the examiner that did the BSS(if you know) he may have a record.  I don’t know if it’s a legal requirement for the examiner to keep the records for a certain number of years. But he’ll be your best bet to point you in the right direction to obtain the info.

That's the other problem... I used a new examiner last time after my customary one retired, and I can't remember who he was! (Also, I thought it was due this year but looking at my records it's next year).

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

The info will be on the BSS database, maybe try phoning the BSS office?

Sounds like a possibility. I was sure that I'd looked it up online shortly after it was done but blowed if I can find anywhere to do it!

14 minutes ago, Onewheeler said:

Sounds like a possibility. I was sure that I'd looked it up online shortly after it was done but blowed if I can find anywhere to do it!

You can’t access the database directly, other than via eg the CRT website if you have a licence with them. Or maybe the EA website.

2 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

If you consult your boat records on the CaRT website, it will tell you the details.

I.I.R.C. examiners no loger issue a paper cert, just on line by email.

The OP says he is not a C&RT customer

BSS contact form

https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/contact-us/contact-us-form/

Edited by Momac

40 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Go searching in your mail system, you should have had an email with the details 

Good suggestion. 

The surveyor should have emailed the certificate to the OP

21 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Go searching in your mail system, you should have had an email with the details 

Found it! I hadn't realised that I'd had it done about six weeks before the due date (and the examiner didn't post date it to the due date as he should have done 😠)

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Onewheeler said:

Found it! I hadn't realised that I'd had it done about six weeks before the due date (and the examiner didn't post date it to the due date as he should have done 😠)

As you have found the  surveyors details perhaps you could  ask the surveyor to amend the expiry date. 

Assuming you do have the previous certificate of course.

• Greenie 1