How to delete a wanted post

Go to solution Solved by mrsmelly,

Featured Posts

• Solution
13 minutes ago, Reeferman said:

Good day to you.

I posted a wanted this morning and now want to delete it and all the snarky comments from your group.

Please advise.

You cannot delete. A member of admin might do? Ask a mod.

22 minutes ago, Reeferman said:

Good day to you.

I posted a wanted this morning and now want to delete it and all the snarky comments from your group.

Please advise.

You poor thing, have you been triggered? I can recommend a good councillor.
But then again, since your easiest option is simply not to visit this site again, the fact that you have started a new thread is a clear indication that in fact you want attention and reasons to feel aggrieved. We are quite good at giving that - for free! You are welcome.

28 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

You cannot delete. A member of admin might do? Ask a mod.

Well let's hope they decide not to. If everyone who started a thread had the option to have it all deleted when they didn't like the way it went, that would be a major discouragement for bothering to reply at all.

• Greenie 1

Perhaps a better suggestion would be to make wanted/for sale posts, "post once" style (ie nobody can respond to them). That way, genuine respondents could PM the OP (I know there's a minimum post limit for sending messages) rather than making it an area of general debate on the public internet, which it needn't be.

3 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Perhaps a better suggestion would be to make wanted/for sale posts, "post once" style (ie nobody can respond to them). That way, genuine respondents could PM the OP (I know there's a minimum post limit for sending messages) rather than making it an area of general debate on the public internet, which it needn't be.

Except if what someone wants is needed because of potentially other faults, no one could reply t warn of the possibility. This poster's question is a case in point.