Broker - favourite commission !

Lincoby

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Tam & Di said:

As already said, it's a very odd question. Are you asking because you are planning to become a broker? Or do you want to know so you can sell your boat on more easily when you get fed up or find the life unsuitable?

But you could get fed up quicker because you have not bought the boat that you want but what is more resellable 

• Happy 1

I suspect I may have not worded the question well, apologies.  It was a simply a curious query as to what are essentially the perceived best/quickest sellers.  

I have a suspicion regarding the popular length and style that attracts the highest amount of search engine hits as the result of the few queries I made regarding boats for sale that quickly sold. I probably need to be quicker off the mark should that be the style I was looking for or expand my horizons etc.

I’ve owned, bought and sold several boats over the last 40 years and the hassle of being a broker is most definitely not on my career list !

I’m not so sure.  I agree far from straightforward and definitely best to keep toilets out the mix !  But when you host a search engine website you get very detailed ‘top search’  criteria so a narrow boat brokers website hosting feedback may make interesting reading !

9 hours ago, Lincoby said:

I suspect I may have not worded the question well, apologies.  It was a simply a curious query as to what are essentially the perceived best/quickest sellers.  

I have a suspicion regarding the popular length and style that attracts the highest amount of search engine hits as the result of the few queries I made regarding boats for sale that quickly sold. I probably need to be quicker off the mark should that be the style I was looking for or expand my horizons etc.

I’ve owned, bought and sold several boats over the last 40 years and the hassle of being a broker is most definitely not on my career list !

I still don't really understand why it's important to you to know which type of narrowboats sell quicker at brokers. It seems like a purely academic pursuit.  But how will that actually help you find the type of boat you're looking for? 

I'd say focus your attention less on average boat turnover time at brokers across the country according to stern type, and more on looking for the particular boat you want to buy.

Edited by blackrose