A CC supporter on You Tube

Boaty Jo

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

I tried, honest, but simply couldn’t stick it. 
Is there a particular bit I could watch without having to do the whole lot 👍

Possibly the last third. CRT are cretinuous arseholes. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Higgs said:

You can always choose what is watched. CRT are dishonest and tiresome.

In my most recent direct dealing sorting out an EoG mooring Ive actually found them incredibly helpful and organised...much more so than say estate agents or solicitors....I really couldn't fault them....yes they aren't perfect in some things...blue signs for one and towpath improvements over navigation but in my personal contact I have to say I was impressed.

17 minutes ago, frangar said:

In my most recent direct dealing sorting out an EoG mooring Ive actually found them incredibly helpful and organised...much more so than say estate agents or solicitors....I really couldn't fault them....yes they aren't perfect in some things...blue signs for one and towpath improvements over navigation but in my personal contact I have to say I was impressed.

There has been a precedent set for considering the amount of use people make of the canal. In my opinion, if they want to go down that route, there are people in marinas that never use the canal, and are not on CRT property, who pay. I don't see how the argument can stop with CCers.

Edited by Higgs

29 minutes ago, frangar said:

Oh dear, you've set Higgs orf again....

18 minutes ago, Higgs said:

There has been a precedent set for considering the amount of use people make of the canal. In my opinion, if they want to go down that route, there are people in marinas that never use the canal, and are not on CRT property, who pay. I don't see how the argument can stop with CCers.

Perhaps if the Marina had a higher level than the canal and was linked to the canal via a stop lock that might work. But if that isn’t the case then CRT provide the water for the boats to float in…hence there is a charge. If you don’t want to pay you take your boat out the water…but then you pay for keeping it on land….think of It like a standing charge for gas or electricity….

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

Perhaps if the Marina had a higher level than the canal and was linked to the canal via a stop lock that might work. But if that isn’t the case then CRT provide the water for the boats to float in…hence there is a charge. If you don’t want to pay you take your boat out the water…but then you pay for keeping it on land….think of It like a standing charge for gas or electricity….

OK, here we go. Beyond the land boundary, the notion of the water belonging to CRT is a myth. And secondly, moorers pay an access fee.

Edited by Higgs

1 minute ago, Higgs said:

OK, here we go. Beyond the land boundary, the notion of the water belonging to CRT is a myth. And secondly, moorers pay an access fee.

So where is the water supplied from then?  Do the fairies bring it by the teaspoon? Moorers do indeed pay an access fee. Perhaps there should be a mooring fee payable for towpath mooring for those that don’t have a home mooring instead…think of the money that could be raised by those welded

to the towpath in london alone…..

• Greenie 1

Just now, Higgs said:

The sky. And thirdly, private marinas are private property, and CRT do not have authority.

So nothing to do with CRT owned reservoirs or abstraction then? Why aren’t Marinas built with stop locks to prove your point? Maybe it’s because you don’t actually have any legal standing to back it up for the majority of Marinas….i know the ones that don’t require you to have a licence would be different but these are the minority. I guess you fully support widebeams paying more tho as they take up more water space?? 

4 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Reservoirs dry out, until it rains sufficiently. Marinas pay for access.

But you said moorers pay for the Network Access? Make you mind up….next you will be saying you are a freeman of the water or some such crap…what’s your idea for funding the network then? In fact why not just put your boat in a field and have done with it? 

9 minutes ago, Paul C said:

LOL, the marina operator has authority though. They can make it a condition of the T&C that you have a licence.

There is that. Also the marina would not have a business if there was no canal. 

It could get interesting for marinas on at risk canals when and if the CRT declassify, whatever that means. It is a word Parry has used in an interview. 

I guess that it may be easier to get planning to build houses on a marina site than it would be to get planning to build houses on a field. 

A lot of canals and marinas are just land with water artificially placed on top of it. 

Just now, Higgs said:

It is not statutory authority.

So your solution to fund the waterways is what exactly?  I notice you haven’t answered my questions about widebeams either? If you find CRT so abhorrent what are you directly doing to try

and change it’s view? Have you stood for council or some other voluntary role to try and change from the inside or is it easier just to post on social media?