REFLEKS installer

Sperky

Featured Posts

Hi all, 

Newbie here.  CC’er on a 69’ NB.

I am wanting to get a Reflek 2000KT installed asap . Lockgate have said they can supply the stove and flue kit for me (3week lead time) but have no capacity for install until February. Obv winter is very much on its way, so that won’t be a goer. ( I have an EBER in the meantime but it won’t cut the mustard once temp drops much lower) . 
I need a mobile engineer to come to me preferably as moving boat too far is not great at the moment. ( for other reasons ).

Any recommendations welcome 

thanks 

Should’ve said - I’m on the Grand Union - Leighton Buzzard - Milton Keynes area 

ta 

If it were me, I’d find a way of temporary heating until February and get Lockgate to do it. If you really can’t wait, then search YouTube for installers - I know I have seen a few showing their abilities on there but can’t remember any names.

7 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

If it were me, I’d find a way of temporary heating until February and get Lockgate to do it. If you really can’t wait, then search YouTube for installers - I know I have seen a few showing their abilities on there but can’t remember any names.

I would go with Mike Tee, it's your money, but you need an installer who you know you can trust, unless someone can give you a strong recommendation for someone else, a bit of an unknown quantity, though.

You could order the stove and installation, wrap up warm until February, duvet, and fleeces, and hope they find a slot to fit it sooner.  You never know, someone might cancel, for whatever reason.

What I would say is that you may just have to move to a more suitable location for an installer.

There are lots of people moving onto boats now who expect the same service they used to expect in a 'ouse.

I have several friends who work over the East/South, and they are having more issues with people expecting them to walk a mile or more with large solar panels and all the other fitting kit, rather than move sooner than their 14 day necessary 1 mile chug. (Costing one mate a parking ticket in Wolverton too)

They also expect visits when the recently installed solar "isnt working", even though it's been pissing down for 5 days and they have bags of coal stored on the panels.

It is hard work being a mobile engineer, electrician, gas, other on the canals, try your best to make your job as easy to access as possible, or you may even struggle to get Lockgate to install on time.

• Greenie 1

Firstly, have you found the Refleks group on Facebook? That is likely to turn up some good suggestions.

Secondly, it's worth detailing what you need done, and at what stage. For example, is the stove replacing a solid fuel stove where a suitable hearth is already in place, or is it a bare installation where the hearth will need doing too? That has a major bearing on the time it will take. Another related point is what you are doing about the fuel supply. If there is a long line to be installed on a complex run through the boat then getting that in and correctly screwed down will take a long time whereas at the opposite extreme a simple day tank near the stove will take almost no time to fix. You may find it possible to get someone to fit the stove itself to an existing hearth and fit a temporary day tank with the permanent fuel line to follow later as it will cut it down to a much shorter job.

Alec