Cheap data

GUMPY

Featured Posts

This offer:

Three 500GB 5G Data SIM - 500GB Preloaded Every Month from now until 8th August 2025 - Perfect For Wifi Routers, Tablets & Phones - Business Grade Data https://amzn.eu/d/7luzAdM

popped into my timeline today £99.99 for 21 months works out at £4.75 a month for 500gb.

Seems good value even though it's "3"

Edited by GUMPY
  • Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, GUMPY said:

This offer:

Three 500GB 5G Data SIM - 500GB Preloaded Every Month from now until 8th August 2025 - Perfect For Wifi Routers, Tablets & Phones - Business Grade Data https://amzn.eu/d/7luzAdM

popped into my timeline today £99.99 for 21 months works out at £4.75 a month for 500gb.

Seems good value even though it's "3"

Wow, that's *really* cheap. Might even get one as an alternative to 1pmobile... 😉

The Lycamobile offers on USwitch are really good at the moment too (if you don't need unlimited), for example:

3GB      89p/month
6GB      99p/month

15GB    £1.49/month

21GB    £1.99/month

30GB    £3.50/month

(100GB and unlimited too)

They use the EE network but not the B30 band, and all the above are for 3 months then it reverts to the normal price (no contract though, you could switch again and again once the offer rate is up).

9 minutes ago, GUMPY said:

Offers change on a regular basis so be quick it might not be there tomorrow.

Already ordered one. Unlike 1pmobile it's Three not EE so may not be as good when out and about, OTOH it's less than a fiver a month for 500G compared to a tenner for 25G so no need for £20 200G data boosts when I'm on the boat (we were averaging about 5G/day on the last trip) -- and reception at Uplands (EE dead spot) should be better...

Edited by IanD

1 minute ago, Tracy D'arth said:

3 network is useless for me. It spends more time off than on. Suffered months of rubbish with Smarty, promises and excuses were all I got.

All networks are good in some places and bad in others. If one is bad for you, try a different one -- but that doesn't mean it's bad for everybody... 😉

16 minutes ago, IanD said:

All networks are good in some places and bad in others. If one is bad for you, try a different one -- but that doesn't mean it's bad for everybody... 😉

That's my experience too. Whilst there are some areas which are clearly "not-spots" for all networks, in more patchy areas its quite possible that one network is best*; and in another patchy area, another is. Hence, my preferred solution while cruising is to have (at least) 2 separate networks for reasonably consistent connectivity.

*Which could mean, one networks gets a vaguely usable connection while the others get nothing

• Greenie 1

On 10/11/2023 at 19:01, GUMPY said:

Three has been fine for me, bit patchy in Nth Norfolk 😟

Only had to resort to using my EE sim for a couple of days this year.

Everything is patchy in North Norfolk!  I hear they are about to get some super new tech... cant recal the name.... ah thats it fax!  :)

rob

Edited by robtheplod
  • Happy 1

30 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Everything is patchy in North Norfolk!  I hear they are about to get some super new tech... cant recal the name.... ah thats it fax!  :)

rob

I had mobile email in 1983 before fax machines became popular ;)

My daughter still has my TRS80 MOD 100 a great machine so far ahead of its time.

35 minutes ago, pig said:

Yup - offer now unavailable.

Snooze and you lose :)

Edited by GUMPY

On 10/11/2023 at 18:52, Tracy D'arth said:

I would like to see a vote on that Ian............

I agree with you FWIW.

We travel all over the UK and EE has proven to be consistently better on average than Three ever did. It would have to be free to tempt me back and even then it would need careful consideration.

Edited by M_JG