Mastervolt Mass Combi 2000/100 fault

sirweste

Featured Posts

Evening all,

I’ve recently run I to a problem with my inverter charger. 

when powering it on it fires up it’s internal fans as normal but then pulses the 12v system twice (the think noise in the video)before flashing some leds and then sitting with all leds lit, but not putting any power out. 
The 12v pulses it’s doing are causing the galley lights to pulse and the solar controller to restart

I’ve removed the live wire from the 240v output to rule out that, make no difference. 
I’ve plugged 240V I to it on the charge side and still no difference. 

anyone any clue where I start!??

ooo isn’t the modern world of automatically embedded links wonderful!

cheers very much for any advice

I would agree.(based on my experience of an identical unit. ) 

Wonderful kit whilst it works but if it's more than a few years old, which I suspect it is, I fear you're going to run into the sucking of teeth from Mastervolt followed by an invitation to send it to them (in Holland) for assessment. After this you will be told that it's beyond economic repair. You will be offered couple of hundred quid discount against a full list price replacement.   Hope I'm wrong but doubt it.

There is (was) a company in the midlands called Selweb who claim to repair invertors etc but again based on my experiences I would be wary.

Gloomy but fact, sorry.

11 hours ago, Slim said:

I would agree.(based on my experience of an identical unit. ) 

Wonderful kit whilst it works but if it's more than a few years old, which I suspect it is, I fear you're going to run into the sucking of teeth from Mastervolt followed by an invitation to send it to them (in Holland) for assessment. After this you will be told that it's beyond economic repair. You will be offered couple of hundred quid discount against a full list price replacement.   Hope I'm wrong but doubt it.

There is (was) a company in the midlands called Selweb who claim to repair invertors etc but again based on my experiences I would be wary.

Gloomy but fact, sorry.

Selweb can fix these and the Victron ones but service inclusive of parts starting price is £450 plus vat I believe.

39 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Is replacing those a DIY job, given that the alternative is an expensive professional repair or just junking it?

You really need to be able to test them rather than just take pot luck and change them, do you have a friend who does a bit of electronics?

18 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You really need to be able to test them rather than just take pot luck and change them, do you have a friend who does a bit of electronics?

Usually -- not always! -- failed electrolytics from that period can be spotted by bulging end-caps, and to test them they have to be removed from the circuit. DAMHIK...

But either way replacing them needs somebody who knows what they're doing, especially if they're soldered in.

Edited by IanD