Engine Hole, Gas Locker, Bow Thruster Compartment Painter

Featured Posts

As I am getting older I find it increasingly difficult to get into the further recesses of my engine hole and other tight spaces.

My engine hole and bow thruster compartment needed painting as rust was beginning to show through the paint.

I found a local painter and decorator who was willing to take the job on for a very reasonable sum and has done a decent job, certainly better than I would have been able to.

His name is Paul Savva and he is based in Atherstone.

He is interested in developing this side of his business and is willing to travel providing his time and fuel costs are met.

If anyone is interested in using him, Paul can be contacted on:

Oh Seven Seven Oh One Three Oh Seven Four Two Six.

Cost is dependent upon how much preparation work is needed.

PXL_20230702_100052888.jpg

Edited by cuthound
Clarification
  • Greenie 3

I had a smile when you said you no longer fit in the engine hole. When Iain was replacing kelpies engine mounts about 18 months ago he declined lunch as he said if he ate anything he couldn't bend down far enough in the afternoon. 😀

1 hour ago, haggis said:

I had a smile when you said you no longer fit in the engine hole. When Iain was replacing kelpies engine mounts about 18 months ago he declined lunch as he said if he ate anything he couldn't bend down far enough in the afternoon. 😀

You haven't lived until you have got the dip stick stuck up your tee shirt... 😅🤣

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, jonathanA said:

its looks a lovely job and what a pleasant engine 'ole.   I guess what would be interesting is a 'before' picture if you have one cuthound ?

Sorry, I didn't take one, but it wasn't too bad. The rust was just beginning to show through the paint in places. 

Paul sanded the good paint to provide a key, removed the loose paint as close as possible to bright metal and put Vactan on the areas where it had been rusty before putting two coats of Danboline bilge paint on.

• Happy 1

• 1 month later...

I have just had a phone call from the gentleman who painted my engine hole, Paul Savva.

Apparently someone from CWDF  contacted him regarding the painting of an engine hole on a boat back in July, but Paul wasn't able to complete due to the rubbish weather.

Since then Paul lost his phone, which has now been replaced, but he has lost his contacts.

Could that person contact Paul on:

Oh Seven Seven Oh One Three Oh Seven Four Two Six

so that Paul can continue with your job?

Thanks.