Mooring at Market Harborough

NBDensie

Featured Posts

There is generally space. A good time to arrive is late morning as many of the boats who have stopped overnight have left so there should be gaps. We normally stop at the first space we find and then walk on to see if there are better ones nearer to the basin. We normally wind as we leave. There are water taps all the way along the moorings. Pump out, elsan, toilets and rubbish are just inside the basin on the offside.

Latest stoppage email from CaRT looks to me as if it means there's no towpath mooring within 2kms of MH for 15 weeks from 22 May, due to the towpath being resurfaced with tarmac/chips. In other words, a cycle lane, I suppose. So paying to overnight on one of the hire company pontoons looks the only way anybody can visit MH this summer.

On 14/03/2023 at 08:29, Proper Charlie said:

We got to Harborough late one day a couploe of years ago to find all the moorings taken, so we phoned the boat hire people and booked a space on one of their pontoons inside the basin. That could be a fallback option for you. 

Yes, I've done that as well.  Very helpful they were.

3 hours ago, Proper Charlie said:

Latest stoppage email from CaRT looks to me as if it means there's no towpath mooring within 2kms of MH for 15 weeks from 22 May, due to the towpath being resurfaced with tarmac/chips. In other words, a cycle lane, I suppose. So paying to overnight on one of the hire company pontoons looks the only way anybody can visit MH this summer.

That's the whole of Summer, yet again CRT taking the pi$$ out of boaters for the benefit of the non paying cyclists.