Running a Radiator off engine water/coolant. Ideas Wanted.

Puff Along

Featured Posts

Hi i'm looking at running heat in to the cabin of the engine.only a small 2 person cabin engine water pump is with in 6' of cabin bulkhead.

TBH I dont think it need a radiator just Copper tubing under the windows to clear misting etc and to give some much needed heat for a Old Man.

Any diagrams to be view d or ides please.Thanks in Anticipation [Sea going Boat not Canal]

Screenshot_20201130-213213_Gallery (3).jpg

If you use the engine's cab heater/calorifier take off I think it should work well, especially as it is a sea boat so you are likely to run longer and at higher power than a canal/inland boat. \i can't tell you where the take off points are so we need to know your engine make and model.

If you do it this way you can almost certainly pipe it in car heater hose for ease.

I have a small (2.2kw) car matrix/fan heater hooked up on the return line of the calorifier which warms up the rear of the cabin under the bed well. Takes up very little room and low current draw (0.7a) not that that’s relevant as the engine is running. 

https://www.t7design.co.uk/2-2kw-micro-heater-12v-879-cc4-d35.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleshopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7bucBhCeARIsAIOwr-_f11-yDtU6ybqdvEt2P3R7ftuvB4wyZIJfsvbLWL2u6joEiMSF0E4aAv-eEALw_wcB

Edited by BD3Bill
Eta

12 hours ago, Puff Along said:

Hi i'm looking at running heat in to the cabin of the engine.only a small 2 person cabin engine water pump is with in 6' of cabin bulkhead.

TBH I dont think it need a radiator just Copper tubing under the windows to clear misting etc and to give some much needed heat for a Old Man.

Any diagrams to be view d or ides please.Thanks in Anticipation [Sea going Boat not Canal]

Screenshot_20201130-213213_Gallery (3).jpg

What a nice little boat that is. Matrix heater in there would be great.

12 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

If you use the engine's cab heater/calorifier take off I think it should work well, especially as it is a sea boat so you are likely to run longer and at higher power than a canal/inland boat. \i can't tell you where the take off points are so we need to know your engine make and model.

If you do it this way you can almost certainly pipe it in car heater hose for ease.

BMC 1.8