Fuel hose

luggsy

Featured Posts

I think the fitting has a barbed hose tail pushed into the pipe and then the copper ferule is swaged onto the hose to make a fuel tight fit. The other" side" looks like a standard compression olive fitting. Just undo the nut while holding the threaded fitting so it does not twist.

4 minutes ago, luggsy said:

Hi tony I need to replace the hose so I need to get a new one 

Some boatyards can make them up to suit and I would expect most chandlers sell ready-made hoses that will also suit. Any hose must be marked to comply with the BSS. A hydraulic hose supplier should also be able to supply one to suit as long as they ensure it is BSS complaint.

The BSS Requirement for inboard engine fuel hoses to be to BS EN ISO 7840 and is the same as the RCD / RCR requirements.

Screenshot (1638).png

18 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

A hydraulic hose supplier should also be able to supply one to suit as long as they ensure it is BSS complaint.

I'm not sure that a Hydraulic hose would meet the requirements of the ISO specification.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1