BMC 1.5 oil change

Katie

Featured Posts

Attempting to change oil and filter on my BMC 1.5 and confident about that part. Stupidly I’m unsure of where to top up the new oil!? Would it be the green cap on the left? If not, I have no idea where else but don’t want to get something so simple wrong! 

5D3ADBB0-E9AD-41BC-9486-7DB86EB7F3C6.jpeg

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Yes, the green painted cap twists off the green rocker box.

Reminds me of when I lent my Riley Elf (original Mini with a boot) to my Grandad, soon after I got it, back in 1972.

The transverse engine confused him, so he added a pint of oil to my radiator! 🤣

Edited by cuthound
Clarification
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Reminds me of when I lent my Riley Elf (original Mini with a boot) to my Grandad, soon after I got it, back in 1972.

The transverse engine confused him, so he added a pint of oil to my radiator! 🤣

Yes I’ve had friends put screenwash on their coolant in the past so didn’t want to be THAT person! Hahaha 

well I have now successfully done my first oil and filter change thanks for the help folks! And so far no leaks so that’s another notch on my boater belt 😀

…. just a shame I ordered the wrong air filter! 

• Greenie 3

Reminds me of when I lent my Riley Elf (original Mini with a boot) to my Grandad, soon after I got it, back in 1972.

Riley elf so much nicer than the mini. My mum had one as she liked minis and somehow she ended up with the elf.  As a teenager it was always my job to service the things and get them thru the mot. Loved the much nicer interior and decent boot. 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, jonathanA said:

Reminds me of when I lent my Riley Elf (original Mini with a boot) to my Grandad, soon after I got it, back in 1972.

Riley elf so much nicer than the mini. My mum had one as she liked minis and somehow she ended up with the elf.  As a teenager it was always my job to service the things and get them thru the mot. Loved the much nicer interior and decent boot. 

Yes, lovely cars and still some around 

C37621D4-CD65-4E4B-90B7-D19A6FB76E05.jpeg

• Greenie 2